A 19-year-old Olean man pleaded guilty before Cattaraugus County Judge Ronald D. Ploetz on Tuesday in Little Valley to a reduced felony charge of attempted rape in the second-degree for an incident with a 14-year-old girl in the Town of Allegany last July 22.
Keith K. Ellis, who was indicted two months ago on second-degree rape and child endangerment counts for the incident, is free on bail pending his July 28 sentencing.
Also on Tuesday:
• Orlando N. Pena, 39, of West Seneca, was ordered to serve a term of up to one year in the Cattaraugus Country Jail on his conviction for attempted assault in the second degree for a fight with a fellow inmate in the jail May 26, 2013. Records of Pena’s prior jailing were not immediately available.
• Darryl V. Myers, 39, of Olean, was ordered to serve up to nine months in the Cattaraugus County Jail on his guilty plea of two months ago to a charge of failure to register with the State Sex Offender Registry after his summertime sex offense conviction here.
• Steven J. Little, 57, formerly of the Town of Salamanca, waived indictment and pleaded guilty to a felony charge of attempted criminal possession of a controlled substance in the third degree.
He was arrested in late January by the Southern Tier Regional Drug Task following a months-long investigation into Salamanca-area drug sales and trafficking. He faces sentencing Aug. 25.
• Melissa A. Mitchell, 22, of Yorkshire, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging her with second-degree assault, resisting arrest and harassment for allegedly injuring a police officer during an incident in the Town of Yorkshire last Dec. 26.
• Brittany C. Kindt, 23, of Salamanca, pleaded guilty to a felony count of aggravated driving while intoxicated and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle for her arrest in the City of Salamanca last Oct. 30.
She was driving with a license suspended because of an earlier incident and had a blood-alcohol reading of 0.19 percent, more than twice the state’s legal limit.
• Derek S. Brink, 33, of Olean, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with criminal possession and sale of a controlled substance, both in the third degree, for an alleged drug sale in the City of Olean last Jan. 31.
• Michael J. Smith Jr., 40, of Gowanda, was placed on probation for five years, ordered to perform 100 hours of community service, and his driver’s license was revoked for at least the next year.
He pleaded guilty two months ago to a felony charge of driving while intoxicated for his arrest in the Town of Persia last Oct. 1, when he registered a blood-alcohol level of 0.18 percent and was driving with an already suspended license.