LITTLE VALLEY – Chris J. Sherlock, 41, of Olean, pleaded not guilty Monday in Cattaraugus County Court to an indictment charging him with two counts of attempted murder in the second degree and other charges for allegedly throwing gasoline in the faces of two North Seventh Street residents and trying to set them on fire in a long-simmering dispute last Sept. 5.
The grand jury also charged Sherlock with attempted assault in the first-degree, reckless endangerment, stalking and menacing.
In other court action on Monday:
• David R. Dickinson, 37, and Robert A. Harris, 28, both of Buffalo, and April L. Kuhn, 35, of Salamanca, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging them with felony counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance for their arrests in Salamanca last Sept. 6 during an investigation of area cocaine trafficking by the Southern Tier Regional Drug Task Force.
• James Newell, 36, of Steamburg, was ordered to serve a one- to three-year state prison term on his felony reckless endangerment conviction and an unrelated probation violation charge linked to a vicious mugging in the Town of Coldspring last Oct. 28.
• Curtis A. Ford, 23, of Olean, was ordered to serve a two-year prison term on parole violation counts and his conviction for the criminal sale of hydrocodone in the City of Olean between last March 28 and last April 6.
• Douglas E. Goodwin, 22, of Williamsport, Pa., pleaded guilty to a felony count of reckless endangerment in the first-degree and a misdemeanor count of reckless driving under the indictment linked to him taking off from police and involving them in a high-speed chase from the Olean area to his hometown last July 13. He faces sentencing June 30.
• Keith K. Ellis, 19, of Olean, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with second-degree rape and child endangerment for allegedly having sex with a girl under age 15 in the Town of Allegany last July 22.
• Michael A. Osby, 48, of West Valley, was ordered to serve a one-year jail term on his felony criminal possession conviction for having crack cocaine when he was arrested in the City of Olean last Sept. 14.
• Demario A. Watkins, aka Jerome Wingfield, 32, of Buffalo, was ordered to serve a one-year jail term on his misdemeanor cocaine possession conviction for allegedly trying to peddle the drug in Salamanca on Nov. 10, 2011. He faces further drug charges for his arrest for alleged drug peddling in Salamanca last March.
• Giovanni Salmonson, 23, of Olean, waived grand jury action and pleaded guilty to a felony count of attempted criminal possession of a controlled substance for carrying drugs for possible street sale in the City of Olean last Nov. 20. He faces sentencing June 9.
• Wayne B. Wright, 20, of Randolph, was ordered to serve a one-year jail term on his burglary conviction for his role in a Town of Randolph break-in on June 3, 2012.
• Britany C. Kindt, 23, of Salamanca pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging her with aggravated driving while intoxicated, DWI, aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, and operating without an interlock device she was ordered to use as a result of a 2011 DWI conviction. When she was arrested in the City of Salamanca this past Oct. 30 police reported she had a blood-alcohol reading of 0.19 percent, more than twice the state’s legal limit and she was driving even though her license had been suspended for the 2011 incident in Salamanca.
• Sandra L. Sherlock, 33, of Olean pleaded guilty to third-degree burglary for a break-in in the town of Allegany last Oct. 17. Sherlock, not known to be related to suspect Chris Sherlock, faces sentencing May 27.
• Darryl V. Myers, 42, of Olean, pleaded guilty to a felony charge of failing to register as a New York State sex offender when he moved in the county last summer. He faces sentencing May 27.
• Tarik I. Ramadhan, 28, of West Valley, was placed on probation for fives years for an attempted burglary last May 1 in the Town of Yorkshire.