The Common Council’s revived Police Oversight Committee will meet for the first time in years at 11 a.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
Committee Chairman David A. Rivera said the group will focus on training and department policies, and will not seek to investigate officers or field complaints about the department from citizens.
“Our goal is not to investigate police officers,” said Rivera, a former officer. “Our goal is to assist them.”
• The Common Council will hold its pre-meeting caucus at 2 p.m. Monday in Room 1417 of City Hall.
• A meeting of the Buffalo Urban Development Corporation’s Governance Committee begins at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday in the fourth-floor conference room at 95 Perry St.
• The Council will meet in regular session at 2 p.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• A Water Board meeting begins at 8 a.m. Wednesday in Room 502 of City Hall.
• The Buffalo Sewer Authority will meet at 9 a.m. Wednesday in Room 1038 of City Hall.
• A regular meeting of the Buffalo School Board begins at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday in Waterfront Elementary School, 95 Fourth St., near Carolina Street.
• The Preservation Board will meet at 3 p.m. Thursday in Room 901 of City Hall.