Mayor Byron W. Brown released his budget last week, which means the Common Council will begin examining it during hearings with department heads in Council Chambers.
Hearings with the mayor’s office and executive department begin at 10 a.m. Monday, followed at 11 by one with the Department of Audit & Control. Beginning at 1:30 p.m., hearings are scheduled with the Departments of Human Resources, Law, and Community Services and Recreational Programming.
The hearings continue at 10 a.m. Wednesday, with Management Information Systems and the Department of Public Works, Parks & Streets. At 1:30 p.m., the Council will hear from the Police Department, and Administration, Finance, Policy and Urban Affairs.
On Thursday, the Department of Economic Development, and Permit and Inspection Services has their turn at 11 a.m., followed at 1:30 p.m. by the Fire Department, and Assessment and Taxation.
A public hearing on the budget will be held at 5 p.m. Thursday in Council Chambers, and a hearing on the Board of Education budget follows at 6.
Also this week:
• The Planning Board will meet at 8:15 a.m. Tuesday in Room 901 of City Hall.
• A special meeting of the Buffalo Urban Development Corp. begins at 9 a.m. Tuesday in the fourth-floor conference room at 95 Perry St., where a vote will be held related to the development of RiverBend, a former brownfield site in South Buffalo.
• The Board of Ethics will meet at 9 a.m. Tuesday in Room 1317 of City Hall.
• The Council’s Civil Service Committee will meet at 9:45 a.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• A Finance Committee meeting begins at 10 a.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• The Council’s Community Development Committee will meet at 1 p.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• The Council’s Legislation Committee meets at 2 p.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• The Buffalo Sewer Authority will meet at 9 a.m. Wednesday in Room 1038 in City Hall.
• A meeting of the Preservation Board begins at 3 p.m. Thursday in Room 901 of City Hall.