A group of neighbors fed up with properties in their neighborhood that have fallen into disrepair are meeting at 6 p.m. Tuesday in Iglesia Misionera Penecostal, 224 Hudson St., near Fargo Avenue
City residents are encouraged to bring their concerns about blighted properties to public officials who will attend the meeting, including Housing Court Judge Patrick Carney, Common Council members, police officers, and building inspectors.
The group is concerned that many properties are not in compliance with housing codes, as well as the speed with which violations move through Housing Court.
The meeting is sponsored by Project Slumlord, Hudson Street Revitalization Project and the Kleinhans Community Association.
Also this week:
• The Planning Board will meet at 8:15 a.m. Tuesday in Room 901 in City Hall, and will consider an addition at Elmwood Village Charter School, 40 Days Park.
• The Council’s Civil Service Committee will meet at 9:45 a.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• The Council’s Finance Committee will meet at 10 a.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• The Council’s Community Development Committee will meet at 1 p.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• The Council’s Legislation Committee will meet at 2 p.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• The Buffalo Water Board will meet at 8 a.m. Wednesday in Room 502 of City Hall.
• The Buffalo Sewer Authority will meet at 9 a.m. Wednesday in Room 1038 of City Hall.
• The Buffalo Public Schools will hold public hearings Wednesday in the Stanley M. Makowski Early Childhood Center, 1095 Jefferson Ave., on renewal of the charter for Westminster Charter School at 4 p.m. and renewal of the charter for Enterprise Charter School at 4:30 p.m.