Plans for a new housing development at the site of the former Deaconess Hospital will be reviewed by the Planning Board when it meets at 8:15 a.m. Tuesday in Room 901 in City Hall.
The Community Action Organization is planning “Deaconess Heights,” a complex of 75 apartment units for low- to moderate-income families in 23 buildings, at 563 Riley St.
A community meeting on the project in July drew some neighborhood opposition.
The board will also review plans for a restaurant and hockey and curling rinks, part of an new entertainment complex at 333 Ganson St. on the Buffalo River, and “The Grove,” a privately developed student housing complex on Forest Avenue near Niagara St.
Also on the agenda is a housing project for people who are homeless, especially those who are members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community. Evergreen Health Services is planning the project, at 392 Genesee St.
Also this week:
• The Council’s Civil Service Committee will meet at 9:45 a.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• The Council’s Finance Committee will meet at 10 a.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• The Council’s Community Development Committee will meet at 1 p.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• The Council’s Legislation Committee will meet at 2 p.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• The Council’s Education Committee will meet at 2 p.m. Thursday in Council Chambers.