The Planning Board will meet at 8:15 a.m. Tuesday in Room 901 in City Hall and will consider plans for a new entrance and second-floor expansion at the former SmartPill building at 847 Main St., and plans by developer Mark Croce for a new restaurant at 284 Franklin St.
The board will also consider a 6,000-square-foot addition at D&M Refrigeration, 1340 William St.
Also this week:
• The Michigan Street African American Heritage Corridor Commission will meet at 1 p.m. Monday in the eighth-floor conference center at the Larkin Building, 726 Exchange St. The commission will hear updates regarding partnerships and grants, among other topics.
• The Council’s Civil Service Committee will meet at 9:45 a.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• The Council’s Finance Committee will meet at 10 a.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers. A discussion of an audit of the Erie Basin Marina is expected.
• The Council’s Community Development Committee will meet at 1 p.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
• The Council’s Legislation Committee will meet at 2 p.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers, where lawmakers will consider a request to rename 125 Main St. from the Donovan Office Building to One Canalside. A measure to consider public financing of political campaigns is also on the agenda.
• The Water Board will meet at 8 a.m. Wednesday in Room 502 of City Hall.
• The Buffalo Board of Education will meet at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday in Room 801 of City Hall.
• The Buffalo Urban Renewal Agency will meet at 9:30 a.m. Thursday in Room 209 of City Hall.