Fire that broke out on the first floor of a home at 962 Lafayette Avenue caused an estimated $40,000 damage Sunday night, Buffalo Fire Department dispatchers reported.
No injuries were reported in the blaze in the 2 1/2-story wood frame home, located between Horton and Harvard places, but the Red Cross was called to help two people with their living arrangements.
The alarm was sounded at 7:24 p.m., and the fire was brought under control in less than 10 minutes. The damage estimate included $30,000 to the building and $10,000 to the contents.
Firefighters said the house was full of debris, interfering with their efforts to vent smoke, but there were no injuries. A dog was reported missing at first but was later located.