The Amherst Lions Club is looking for new members to help its tradition of service.
The club meets at 7 p.m. on the second and fourth Mondays of each month at the Ramada Conference Center, 2402 N. Forest Road, Getzville. Anyone interested in joining can contact Robert Sikorski, president, at BobSikorski@cs.com or 873-2696.
Meanwhile, the new slate of officers elected for 2014-15 also includes: Nimmy Mudaliar, first vice president: Ken Wasson, second vice president; Sue Teetsel, third vice president; Ann Marie Ford, treasurer; and Bernie and Dick Lebert, assistant treasurers. Also: Rick Niedermeyer, secretary; Sheila Jones, ombudswoman/assistant secretary; Andy Burg, lion tamer; Bob Wasson, tail twister; Sheila Jones, membership chair; and Lane Bartholomew, Herb Wilber and Jack Elliott, directors.
• A meeting of the Williamsville Village Board begins at 7:30 p.m. Monday in the courtroom at Village Hall, 5565 Main St. A work session starts at 6 in the activity room. The agenda includes a public hearing on proposed local landmarks.
• The Mark Weber Trio will close out “Seven Tuesdays in the Parks” concert series with a performance at 6 p.m. Tuesday in Glen Park, Williamsville. Rain site is the Meeting House, 5658 Main St.
• The town’s Information Technology Advisory Committee meets at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the Municipal Building, 5583 Main St.
• A meeting of the Amherst School Board begins at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the district office conference room, 55 Kings Highway.
• A free screening of “Despicable Me 2,” sponsored by the Amherst Police Club, begins at about 8:30 p.m. Wednesday outside Clearfield Community Center, 730 Hopkins Road. A donation of a nonperishable food item is requested.