Jeffrey Katz, a partner in the law firm of Katz and Baehre in Williamsville, has been elected president of the Williamsville Education Foundation.
Katz has been a director of the foundation since 2006 and most recently served as its vice president. He replaces longtime foundation president, Trey Measer, who is stepping down after 10 years.
Measer, owner and publisher of Bee Group Newspapers, will remain as a board director and continue to oversee corporate sponsorship for the foundation’s biennial Wall of Fame induction.
Also elected were: Bob White, owner of the Bob White Insurance Agency, vice president; Charles Fadale, partner at Dopkins & Company, treasurer; and Carolyn Giambra, retired Williamsville Schools administrator, secretary.
The Williamsville Education Foundation is a non-profit organization, established in 1997, by a group of community, business, and parent leaders to help support Williamsville schools.
• Road construction begins this week on Chestnut Ridge Road, between Sweet Home Road and Willow Ridge Drive.
Only westbound traffic will be permitted. Eastbound traffic must follow the posted detour. Residents should anticipate lane restrictions and delays from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The work is expected to be completed by June 10.
• A Town Board meeting begins at 7 p.m. Monday in Council Chambers at the Amherst Municipal Building, 5583 Main St. A work session is scheduled for 3 p.m.
• The Amherst School Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the district office, 55 Kings Highway. The agenda includes a planning schedule for 2015-16 budget discussions.
• The Glen Park Joint Committee will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Municipal Building.
• A meeting of the town’s Conservation Advisory Committee begins at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday in the Municipal Building.
• The town’s Energy Conservation Citizens Advisory Committee meets at 7 p.m. Thursday in the Municipal Building.
• Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village, at 3755 Tonawanda Creek Road, will hold its 26th annual Lace Guild Seminar from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. The event includes lectures, classes and vendors. Visit www.bnhv.org/events/lace-guild-seminar for details.