The award-winning a cappella group, The Friends of Harmony, will perform at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Williamsville Meeting House & Museum, 5658 Main St.
Billed as “The Grooviest, Most Hip and Far Out Musical Review of those Spectacular Sixties Songs this side of the Peace Bridge,” the concert is sponsored by the village’s Arts & Cultural Committee. It’s free and open to the public.
Also this week:
• The Amherst Zoning Board of Appeals will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Municipal Building, 5583 Main St. Williamsville.
• A meeting of the Amherst School Board begins at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the district office, 55 Kings Highway.
• The Williamsville School Board is holding a special meeting at 7:30 a.m. Tuesday in the district office boardroom, 105 Casey Road, East Amherst. Board members will vote on the proposed Erie 1 BOCES administrative budget for 2014-15 and elect two candidates to the Erie 1 BOCES Board of Education.
• People looking to improve their financial futures can learn basic saving and investment concepts from noon to 1:30 p.m. Thursday in the Center for Tomorrow on the University at Buffalo’s North Campus.
The event – “Leveraging Time, the Power of Saving and Planning for the Future” – is geared specifically toward a non-financial audience. Presented by Gregg Fisher, founder and chief investment officer at Gerstein Fisher, it’s part of the next Smart Business Practices, hosted by the UB School of Management Alumni Association and cosponsored by the UB Investment Club.
Cost is $30 for alumni association members and $35 for all others. Online registration is required by Monday. Register at www.mgt.buffalo.edu/smartbusiness. For more information, call 645-3224.
• The Village of Williamsville will hold an Earth Day-Arbor Day celebration from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at Island Park, located behind Village Hall on Main Street. The event will include children’s activities and a sapling giveaway.
Participants are asked to drop off gently used shoes, which will be donated to Friends of the Night People.