Results of a market study on the economic future of Main Street in the Village of Williamsville and Town of Amherst will be presented at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Council Chambers of the Amherst Municipal Building, 5583 Main St.
A key part of the market study, funded in partnership with the Amherst Industrial Development Agency, is identifying specific areas for growth and investment in the Main Street corridor. The study will be presented by David Versel of Market & Feasibility Advisors.
Also this week:
• The Amherst Town Board will hold a work session at 3 p.m. Monday in the Council Chambers of the Amherst Municipal Building, 5583 Main Street. Presentations on the recent New York State Association of Towns conference and Amherst Committee on Disabilities are on the agenda.
• The Amherst Veterans Committee will meet at 5:30 p.m. Monday in the Amherst Municipal Building.
• The Williamsville Village Board is scheduled to meet at 7:30 p.m. Monday in Village Hall, 5565 Main St. A work session of the Village Board will begin at 6 p.m.
• The Amherst Recreation Commission will meet at 5 p.m. Tuesday at the Northtown Center at Amherst, 1615 Amherst Manor Drive.
• The Sweet Home Board of Education will hold an open community meeting on the 2014-15 budget on at 5:45 p.m. Tuesday in the Vergils Center of Sweet Home High School, 1901 Sweet Home Road in Amherst. Community residents will have the opportunity to ask questions of the Board of Education regarding the budget process. The regularly scheduled March study session will take place at 7pm the same evening, following the community budget meeting.
• The Williamsville Board of Education will meet at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the district office boardroom, 105 Casey Road. The regular meeting will include a public hearing to fund the district’s repair reserve and a public forum on the 2014-15 budget. The meeting agenda and packet items are available at www.williamsvillek12.org.
• The Amherst Central Board of Education will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the District Office Conference Room, 55 Kings Highway. Topics of discussion include: Amherst Appeal Auditorium Seat Promotion; Athletics, Health & PE Update, a budget update and a capital project update.
• The Amherst Historic Preservation Commission will meet at 7:15 p.m. Tuesday in the Amherst Municipal Building.
• The Amherst Youth Board will hold a meeting at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road.
• The Senior Services Advisory Board will meet at 8:30 a.m. Friday at the Amherst Center for Senior Services, 370 John James Audubon Parkway.