A medical office building will be added to all the new development going up along Sweet Home Road, near the University at Buffalo.
The Amherst Town Board last week rezoned a one-acre parcel at 1306 Sweet Home Road, just south of Rensch Road, to general business for the development of a 5,000-square-foot single-story medical office building being proposed by Bevilacqua Development.
The site adjoins University Place, the large-scale mixed-used development Bevilacqua is constructing.
The medical office project calls for the redevelopment of a 3,500-square-foot, concrete-block building already on site and adding another 1,500-square-feet, along with parking for about 70 vehicles.
The project still needs site plan approval from the Planning Board.
In other matters, the board is also considering two separate East Amherst rezonings for commercial buildings proposed at 9500-9510 Transit Road, north of Casey Road, and 9480 Transit, across from Miles Road in Clarence.
The project at 9500-9510 Transit calls for two single-story commercial buildings – one 3,850 square feet, another 8,800 square feet – to go along with the 236-unit apartment project already under construction on the site, according to the town Planning Department.
The other project at 9480 Transit proposes two more single-story retail buildings – each 3,850 square feet – located between the Platinum Fitness site and the senior development under construction, town planners said.
No one spoke on any of the three projects during the public hearings last week.
Also this week:
• The Williamsville Village Board will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Village Hall, 5565 Main Street. A work session for the board trustees starts at 6 p.m.
• The Williamsville Board of Education will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the district office board room, 105 Casey Road.
• The Sweet Home Board of Education will hold a study session at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Norman C. Vergils Community Center, 1901 Sweet Home Road, Amherst.
• The Amherst Recreation Commission will meet at 5 p.m. Tuesday at the Northtown Center at Amherst, 1615 Amherst Manor Drive.
• The Amherst Youth Board will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road.
• The Amherst Arts & Culture in Public Places Board will meet at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at the Amherst Municipal Building, 5583 Main St. Williamsville.
• The Amherst Industrial Development Agency will meet at 8:30 a.m. Friday at agency offices located at 4287 Main St.