If you’re the parent of a high school student in the Akron School District, your presence is expected Wednesday at a 90-minute alcohol and drug awareness presentation, which begins at 6:30 p.m. in the Edward Allen Auditorium, 47 Bloomingdale Ave.
Attendance is mandatory for a parent of any student who will participate in high school athletics, extra-curricular activities or plans to attend any dance. Parents of middle school students participating in high school athletics also must attend.
Parents of upperclassmen who attended or viewed a video of this presentation during the past two school years aren’t required to attend.
Additional information is available at www.akronschools.org/parentresources. If you have questions about the presentation, call Joseph Lucenti at 542-5030
• The Newstead Planning Board meets at 7 p.m. Monday in Town Hall, 5 Clarence Center Road.
• A work session of the Newstead Town Board begins at 7:30 p.m. Monday in Town Hall.
• The Akron School Board meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Room H190, 47 Bloomingdale Ave.
• Mopar is the theme of Thursday’s cruise night sponsored by the Akron Chamber of Commerce, which runs from 6 to 8 p.m. on Main Street.
• Akron Community Band performs at 8 p.m. Friday in Russell Park gazebo on Main Street.