Dedication ceremonies for the Town of Newstead’s Cultural Center are scheduled for Thursday afternoon.
Located in the basement of Newstead Public Library, 33 Main St., the center will be dedicated at 4 p.m. Thursday. The Town Hall will close at 3:45 to allow staff to attend.
Also this week:
• The Newstead Planning Board will hold a work session at 7 p.m. Monday, followed by a regular meeting at 7:30, in Town Hall, 5 Clarence Center Road.
• A work session of the Newstead Town Board begins at 7:30 p.m. Monday in Town Hall.
• The Akron Village Board meets at 7:30 p.m. Monday in Village Hall, 21 Main St.
• Votes on the BOCES budget and school board race will be cast Tuesday by the Akron School Board, which is holding a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in room H190 at 47 Bloomingdale Ave.
• Town and village residents may drop off tires between 9 a.m. and noon Saturday at the Joint Municipal Facility, 12707 Clarence Center Road. Permits are available at the Town Hall for no charge. Up to six tires may be dropped off.