on October 21, 2013 - 4:37 PM
Jackie A. Smilinich
Candidate for City of Tonawanda board (2nd Ward)
Lines on ballot: Democrat, Conservative, Working Families
Number of years living in city: 40
Occupation/employer: retired USPS (Postmaster)
Top campaign platform agendas:
1. Community Development-develop and establish marketing for drawing business through a strategy that links Delaware, Main & Young Sts. and the “shovel ready” sites such as Spaulding Fiber and water works. Prioritize projects insuring the most necessary are addressed and outside monies are utilized for the betterment of the city. Revitalize overall city plan to draw new revenue through the use of citizen groups composed of qualified residents
2. Resident Pride – promote policy to provide incentives to homeowners for improvement to their residences. Promote policy to address absentee landlords and/or financial institutions in preventing deterioration of properties, Promote policy to replace items such as trees when removed by the city.
3. Represent the People - ensure each resident has the opportunity to know what is happening and why, before it happens. Keep an open mind and review all the facts on a case by case basis, be accessible to the community remain compassionate yet frugal. Give the community back to the residents.
Biggest issues facing the city:
Lack of development.
* All information submitted by candidate.
* Key suburban races: Lists and profiles of candidates for town and city posts in Erie County.