The Empire State Elite baseball team advanced to the quarterfinals before being eliminated at the World Wood Bat 16-under tournament in Atlanta. The event featured 275 teams from around the country. On Thursday, they beat Marucci Elite of Houston, 6-5, in extra innings and DeMarini Select of Texas, 8-6. Connor Barleben had a bases-loaded single for the walk-off win in the extra-inning game. The team played 10 games in six days, going 8-1-1 for a top-eight finish. They take a 22-6-1 record into their next start in Niagara Falls in the Battle at the Falls on Aug. 2-4.
16-under Empire State baseball team reaches quarterfinals in Atlanta
- 645 Letter: Birthing center site deserves to be boycotted
- 490Kathy of Williamsville announces campaign to unseat Higgins
- 227 Anti-abortion ads on radio taking graphic aim at Kennedy's pro-choice stance
- 203 U.S. Department of Education to probe Buffalo Public Schools on discrimination charges
- 151 Letter: Conservatives are running the nation into the ground