As Tax Day, April 15 approaches, the U.S. Postal Service urges last-minute filers to check collection box pick-up times if mailing returns on April 15. Each mailbox has its last pick-up time displayed – items dropped after that last pickup time on April 15 will not meet the postmark deadline.
Most post offices close at 5 p.m., with earlier mailbox pickup times. But some branches have extended hours with full retail service on April 15, including:
- The Buffalo main office, 1200 William St., is open until 6 p.m.
- The Amherst branch, 5500 North Bailey Ave., is open until 5:30 p.m.
- Ellicott Station, 701 Washington St., is open until 5:30 p.m.
- The Williamsville branch, 5325 Sheridan Drive, is open until 5:30 p.m.
- The Buffalo Cayuga Branch, 285 Cayuga Road in Cheektowaga, used to be open until midnight, but now closes at 9 p.m.
For questions about mailing, call 1-800-275-8777.