• Avoid leaving your smartphone next to your bed at night, as studies suggest beeps and even a gadget’s light may disrupt sleep.
• Be aware of your tech-tool usage, keeping a diary for a week of what devices you use, for what reason, and for how long.
• Set up boundaries for yourself, such as refusing to check emails before 10 a.m. or after 10 p.m.
• Call someone for a 10-minute phone conversation rather than using text.
• Leave your phone in your car while at the movies and in your glove compartment while driving.
• Establish a no-smartphone policy during family dinners.
• Learn how to silence your phone; you’d be surprised how many people don’t know how.