• Buffalo Urban Development Real Estate Committee meeting, noon, BUDC/ECIDA, 95 Perry St., Vista Room, Buffalo, followed by the Buffalo Brownfield Restoration Corporation meeting. Confirmations, 362-8367 or email@example.com.
• BNI Executive Marketing Team, breakfast meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information 818-2526 or www.bniemt.com.
• Pro-Net Professional Networking Group meeting, 8 a.m. today; 8:30 a.m., Wednesday and Thursday, Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 400 Essjay Road, Suite 150, Williamsville. Reservations 632-6905.
• Executive Taking Action Forum, Life Coach Roundtable, a leadership and personal development networking group, 7 p.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Reservations 202-8423.
• The Buffalo Niagara Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America, “Crafting a Diverse Culture: Connecting Better in the Workplace,” 8-9 a.m., Univera Healthcare, 2nd Floor Conference Room, 205 Park Club Lane, Williamsville. Registration 7:45 a.m. A light continental breakfast provided. Registration, www.prsabuffaloniagara.org or 879-0942.
• The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, morning business exchange networking group meeting, 8 a.m., Fresh Healthy Cafe, 1402 French Road, Depew. No cost to members or member guests.
• Clarence Chamber of Commerce AM Networking, 8-9:15 a.m., Cozy Cafe & Catering, 9060 Main St., Clarence. Information 631-3888.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for individuals in career/job transition, 10 a.m., Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road, Amherst. Call 276-1117.
Seminars and classes
• The Buffalo State College Small Business Development Center, and US Small Business Administration, Survive and Thrive: Essentials for Starting Your Own Small Business workshop, 8:30 a.m.-noon, Burchfield Penney Art Center, Second floor, 1300 Elmwood Ave. Registration, 8 to 8:30 a.m. Cost: $20, individuals; fee waived for Buffalo State faculty, staff, students, alumni and U.S. military veterans. Call 878-4030.
• APICS-Buffalo Chapter, Top Management Night and Professional Development Meeting, 5:30 p.m., Salvatore’s Italian Gardens, 6461 Transit Road, Depew. Topic: Culture + Patience = Sustainable Success” by Jason Wheeler, 2014 APICS National Chair. Cost $42 members and guests; $35 fulltime student. Info: www.apics-buffalo.com or call 648-0972.
• The Niagara Frontier Chapter of the American Society of Safety Engineers, monthly meeting, 6-8:30 p.m., Crazy Jake’s Restaurant, 26 Webster St., North Tonawanda. Required reservations www.nfasse.org.
• BNI Pinnacle, networking meeting, 6:30-8:30 a.m., Transit Valley Country Club, 8920 Transit Road, East Amherst. Reservations 585-704-4383.
• BNI Signature, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., K of C Banquet Facility, 2735 Union Road, Cheektowaga. Information 886-1257, Ext. 201.
• The Buffalo Chapter of the Project Management Institute, Breakfast Roundtable, 7:15-8:45 a.m., Panera Bread, 3995 Buffalo Road, Orchard Park. Beverages and breads provided by PMI! Attendees can individually purchase other menu items. Information 866-2842 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The WNY Business Alliance, business-to-business networking meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Call 310-3235.
• The Western New York Business Network Group for professionals, 7:45 a.m., Comfort Inn, 1 Flint Road, Amherst, Information 553-8883.
• Rotary Club of Buffalo, 12:15 p.m., Templeton Landing, 2 Templeton Terrace, Buffalo. Program: Membership Roundtable. 854-3397 or email@example.com.
• NYS Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics and Life Sciences, Pursuing a Life Sciences Career in Buffalo Niagara, panel discussion, 4-5 p.m., Center for Genetics and Pharmacology, adjacent to the Center of Excellence, Zebro Conference Room, 701 Ellicott St., Buffalo.
• Working For Downtown, Thursday in the City, 5-8 p.m., Papaya, 118 W. Chippewa, Buffalo. Information 854-2314.
• Canisius College Accounting Society, annual banquet, 5:30 p.m., Salvatore’s Italian Gardens, 6461 Transit Road, Depew. Gary Crosby, president and chief executive officer of First Niagara Financial Group, will be honored as the Outstanding Accountant in Western New York and Albert E. Gress, CPA, vice president of business development for TransGlobe Energy, a Canadian-headquartered publicly traded petroleum company, will receive the Dr. Joseph R. Coppola ’40 Award. Keynote speaker: Fayezul Choudhury, chief executive officer of the International Federation of Accountants. Ticket information, Canisius College Department of Accounting 888-2870.
Seminars and classes
• Cattaraugus County Bank, Homebuyers Seminar, 5 p.m., Holiday Inn Express, 779 Broad St, Salamanca, Free. Reservations 945-4350.
• BNI Enterprise, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Fairdale Banquet Center, 672 Wehrle Drive, Amherst. Information, 316-2302.
• BNI Circle of Excellence, networking meeting, 6:45-9 a.m., Milo’s Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Call 408-2525.
Seminars and classes
• The Hamburg Chamber of Commerce and Hilbert College, Better Your Business seminar series, 8:30 a.m., Armor Inn Saloon, 5381 Abbott Road, Hamburg. Registration, 8 a.m. Topic: “Building a Sustainable Business through Succession Planning.” Cost $15, HCC member and member guests; $20, prospective members. Breakfast provided. Reservations 649-7917.
• Buffalo Niagara Sales and Marketing Executives, networking dinner meeting, 5:30 p.m., Seneca Niagara Casino and Hotel, 310 Fourth St, Niagara Falls. Cost: Free, SME members; $40, nonmembers. Registration 662-2279 or www.bnsme.org.
• Clarence Chamber of Commerce After Hours Business Blender, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Dash’s Market, 8845 Main St., Clarence. Speaker: Erie County Legislator Edward Rath III. Reservations 631-3888.
• Amherst Chamber of Commerce, Emerging Business Leaders, Food For Thought, 8-9 a.m., 400 Essjay Road, Suite 150, Williamsville. Speaker: David Colligan of Colligan Law. Reservations 632-6905.
Seminars and classes
• “Fourteen Ways to Preserve Your Assets with the Medicaid Laws,” free seminar, 5:30 p.m., NOCO Pavilion, 450 Ensminger Road, Tonawanda. Speakers: Robert Friedman, Friedman & Ranzenhofer, and Robert Wilson, M&T Reverse Mortgages. Registration 631-9999.