• Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, Lancaster Rotary Club, and Lancaster Lions Club, combined networking event, Lancaster Moving Forward, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Magruders Restaurant, 4995 Broadway, Depew. No cost to members or member guests. Reservations firstname.lastname@example.org or 681-9755.
• The Buffalo Chapter of Project Management Institute, monthly dinner meeting, 5:30-8 p.m., Classics V Restaurant, 2425 Niagara Falls Blvd., Amherst. Program: “Illuminating the Darkness of the Future–a Project Review,” presented by nominee finalists for the Project of the Year award at the Fall 2013 Professional Development Day. Earn 1.5 PDUs. Information, visit www.pmibuffalo.org.
• BNI Executive Marketing Team, breakfast meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information 818-2526 or www.bniemt.com.
• Pro-Net Professional Networking Group meeting, 8 a.m. today and 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 400 Essjay Road, Suite 150, Williamsville. Reservations 632-6905.
• Amherst Chamber of Commerce, Emerging Business Leaders Program, Coffee Connections, 8-9 a.m., Corner Bakery Café, 1551 Niagara Falls Blvd., Amherst. Program: Professionalism and Personal Growth, Rachael Brown, Employer Services Corporation. Reservations 632-6905.
• Cheektowaga Chamber of Commerce, Job Fair 2014, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Walden Galleria, Lower Level, Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Open to the public. Bring resumes and meet with prospective employers.
• Southtowns Connections, networking group, luncheon meeting, noon-1 p.m., Mangia, 4264 North Buffalo Road, Orchard Park. No dues or fees. Information email@example.com.
• Executive Taking Action Forum, Life Coach Roundtable, a leadership and personal development networking group, 7 p.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Reservations 202-8423.
• Western New York Venture Association, WNYVA, Buffalo Angels, company presentation forum, 7:30-9 a.m., Buffalo Club, 388 Delaware Ave. Registration wnyventure01152014.eventbrite.com; Information Jack McGowan or Andrea Mayer, Insyte Consulting 636-3626.
• Rotary Club of West Seneca, 7:45 a.m., Alton’s Restaurant, 2221 Transit Road, Elma. Speaker: Tara Ellis, president and CEO, Meals on Wheels. Cost $10. Information 864-0506.
• The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, morning business exchange networking group meeting, 8 a.m., Hampton Inn and Suites, Buell Road, Cheektowaga. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Greater East Aurora Chamber of Commerce and the U.S. Small Business Administration, Business Disaster Preparedness and Recovery presentation, 8-9:30 a.m., Town of Aurora Auditorium, 300 Gleed Ave., East Aurora. Cost $5. Registration 652-8444 or email@example.com or 551-4301 or Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, Installation of Officers and Initiatives for Smart Growth Presentation, 8-10 a.m., Hearthstone Manor, 333 Dick Road, Depew. Speakers: Richard Tobe, Deputy Erie County Executive, and Maria Whyte, Erie County Commissioner of Economic Development. Cost: $25, member and invited guests, includes breakfast. Reservations email@example.com or 681-9755.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for individuals in career/job transition, 10 a.m., Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road, Amherst. Call 276-1117.
• Women’s Business Center at Canisius, Women In Networking (WIN) Amherst meeting, 11:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m., Canisius Amherst Conference Center, 300 Corporate Pkwy., Amherst. Topic: “Wellness In The Workplace” and “Resolve To Improve Your Promotions in 2014.” Reservations www.wbcwny.org.
• Working for Downtown, annual Post-Holiday Social, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Jaeckle Fleischmann & Mugel offices, Avant Building, 200 Delaware Ave., Suite 900, Buffalo. Free members; $10 nonmembers. Registration www.workingfordowntown.org.
Seminars and classes
• The Batavia Business Improvement District, B.I.D., Hiring and Firing: the Do’s and Don’ts, a small business workshop, 8:30-10:30 a.m., GoArt Building, 201 East Main St., Batavia. Cost: Free to BID members; $5 nonmembers. Reservations 585-344-0900; Information www.downtownbataviany.com.
• The Buffalo State College Small Business Development Center and US Small Business Administration, Survive and Thrive: Essentials for Starting Your Own Small Business workshop, 8:30 a.m.-noon, Burchfield Penney Art Center, Second floor, 1300 Elmwood Ave. Registration, 8 to 8:30 a.m. Cost: $20, individuals; fee waived for Buffalo State faculty, staff, students, alumni and U.S. military veterans. Call 878-4030.
• Daemen College, Mohawk Global Trade Advisors, the Law Office of Jon P. Yormick and Moog Inc., Export Control Reforms seminar, 9-11 a.m., 4380 Main St., RIC 120 (Multimedia Use Room) Amherst. Sign-in 8:30 a.m. Cost $35, includes breakfast. Registration www.mohawkglobalta.com/seminars-events/
• BNI Pinnacle, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Transit Valley Country Club, 8920 Transit Road, East Amherst. Reservations 585-704-4383.
• BNI Signature, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., K of C Banquet Facility, 2735 Union Road, Cheektowaga. Information 886-1257, Ext. 201.
• The WNY Business Alliance, business-to-business networking meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Call 310-3235.
• The Western New York Business Network Group for professionals, 7:45 a.m., Comfort Inn, 1 Flint Road, Amherst, Information 553-8883.
• Rotary Club of Buffalo, 12:15 p.m., Templeton Landing, 2 Templeton Terrace, Buffalo. Program: International Institute, presented by Denise Beehag. 854-3397 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Working For Downtown, Thursday in the City, 5-8 p.m., Papaya, 118 W. Chippewa, Buffalo. Information 854-2314.
• Clarence Chamber of Commerce, Business Round Table meeting, 5:30-6 p.m., Clarence Public Library, 3 Town Place, Clarence. Program: Youth Hockey Development presentation by Kevyn Adams, vice president, HarborCenter and director of HarborCenter’s Academy of Hockey. Reservations 631-3888.
• The Western New York Chapter of the American Society for Industrial Security, Annual Security Expo, Event Security, Protecting the Soft Target, 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Medaille College, 18 Agassiz Circle, Buffalo. Keynote speaker: Bonnie S. Michelman, director of police, security and outside services, Massachusetts General Hospital and security consultant for Partners Healthcare, in Boston, MA. Information and registration, www.asiswny.org , or 631-9200.
• BNI Enterprise, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Fairdale Banquet Center, 672 Wehrle Drive, Amherst. Information, 316-2302.
• BNI Circle of Excellence, networking meeting, 6:45-9 a.m., Milo’s Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Call 408-2525.
• SBA and Buffalo Niagara Score, Straight Talk, a workshop designed for those in business or interested in small business education, training, counseling and networking, 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Buffalo Niagara Convention Center, 153 Franklin St., Buffalo. Cost: $20, advance; $25 day of event; $10 student; veterans free with valid I.D. Information and required registration www.WNYStraightTalk.org.
• The Outsource Center for Human Services, OSHA Occupational Safety and Health Administration Certification training class, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Buffalo and Erie County Central Library, West Room, 1 Lafayette, Buffalo, Information and reservations, 906-8724.
• Amherst Chamber of Commerce, Business After Hours, 5-7 p.m., Museum of disABILITY History, 3826 Main St. Free to Chamber members and prospective members. Reservations 632-6905.
Seminars and classes
• The Niagara Frontier Chapter of the Air and Waste Management Association, AWMA NFS, annual enrichment seminar, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Templeton Landing, 2 Templeton Terrace, Buffalo. Program: 2014 Training of Environmental Professionals, presented by William J. Hochul, Jr., Esq, U.S. District Attorney. Registration www.awmanfs.wildapricot.org.
• The Small Business Development Center at Buffalo State and the Veteran One-stop Center of Western New York, VOC – WNY, Survive and Thrive, Operation Entrepreneur, A veteran small business workshop, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., 1280 Main St.-2nd Floor, Buffalo. Lunch provided. Registration email Dee Jones Davis email@example.com; information call John McKeone, Small Business Development Center, veteran business adviser, 878-4030.
• Greater Olean Area Chamber of Commerce, Lunch and Learn seminar, noon, Chamber office, 122 North Union St., Olean. Topic: Creating a Workplace Wellness Program. Free members; $10 nonmembers. Information or reservation, 372-4433 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.