• The Erie County Industrial Development Agency Meeting of the Members, 9 a.m., Buffalo and Erie County Public Library, Auditorium, 1 Lafayette Square, Buffalo, followed by the Buffalo and Erie County Regional Development Corp. Board of Directors meeting, followed by the Buffalo and Erie County Industrial Land Development Corp. meeting of the directors. Call 856-6525, Ext. 136.
• Buffalo Executives Association, noon, Adam’s Mark, 120 Church St., Buffalo. Contact Cheryl 716-852-6916 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Northtowns Chapter 439 of the National & Active Federal Employee Association, 1:30 p.m., Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road., Amherst. Representatives of various federal health insurance providers will provide program information. Information, call Tom Keating 694-3073.
• Clarence Chamber of Commerce, Business Round Table, 5:30-6:30 p.m., Clarence Public Library, Three Town Place, Clarence. Topic: “Taxes and Other Compliance Issues for Non-for-Profits.” Reservations 631-3888.
Seminars and classes
• Buffalo Office of the U.S. Small Business Administration, SBA U, Thinking and Acting Differently: Managing Creativity and Innovation workshop, 6-7:30 p.m., BlueCross BlueShield of WNY, 257 West Genesee St., Buffalo (Free parking in the visitor’s lot on 7th street). Presenter: Scott Isaksen, president & CEO, The Creative Problem Solving Group. Required registration events.sba.gov, 551-4301 Ext. 303 or Gregory.Lindberg@sba.gov.
• The Western New York Paralegal Association, November general membership meeting, noon, The law offices of Hiscock & Barclay, 3 Fountain Plaza, 1100 M&T Center, Buffalo. Topic: Appellate Practice in Western New York: How to Take and Perfect Appeals. Reservations email email@example.com; Information www.wnyparalegals.org.
• BNI Executive Marketing Team, breakfast meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information 818-2526 or www.bniemt.com.
• Amherst Chamber of Commerce Business After Hours, 5-7 p.m., Tully’s Good Times, 1459 Niagara Falls Blvd., Amherst. Free to Chamber Members and prospective members. Reservations 632-6905.
• Clarence Chamber of Commerce, After Hours Business Blender, 5:30-7 p.m., The Summit Federal Credit Union, 5641 Transit Road, East Amherst. Reservations 631-3888.
• The Buffalo Investors & Exchangors Group, 7 p.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Program: “How to Successfully Collect Rent & Damages,” Robert Friedman, Friedman & Ranzenhofer, and “The ABC’s Of Self Storage Investing” Russell J. Gullo. Registration, 675-1500.
• Executive Taking Action Forum, Life Coach Roundtable, a leadership and personal development networking group, 7 p.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Reservations 202-8423.
Seminars and classes
• SCORE, the U.S. Small Business Administration and the North Tonawanda Public Library, “Starting and Managing Your Own Business” workshop, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., North Tonawanda Public Library, 505 Meadow Drive, North Tonawanda. Cost $30; free for veterans. Information and required reservations www.BuffaloNiagaraScore.org.
• The Western New York Chapter of the Financial Planning Association, monthly lunch meeting, 11:15 a.m.-1:15 p.m., Beechwood Continuing Care, 2235 Millersport Highway, Getzville. Topic: Supplemental Needs’ Trusts. Cost: Free Chapter members; $25 nonmembers. Required reservations 688-3096 or www.fpawny.org.
• The Buffalo Niagara Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America, 2013 Annual Meeting, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Templeton Landing Skyline Room, 2 Templeton Terrace, Buffalo. Speaker: Thomas P. Dee, president, Erie Canal Harbor Development Corporation. Cost: $45 PRSA members; $60 nonmembers, and $35 PRSSA student members. Registration visit www.prsabuffaloniagara.org or call 508-0277.
• The Upstate New York Chapter of the Turnaround Management Association and the Risk Management Association, Downpour in the Desert: Rules for Business Development, 5:30-8:30 p.m., Embassy Suites (The Avant Building) 200 Delaware Ave., Buffalo. Cost: $30 RMA and TMA members; $40 nonmembers. Information or registration www.unyturnaround.org “upcoming events” or 440-6615.
•The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, morning business exchange networking group meeting, 8 a.m., Hampton Inn and Suites, Buell Road, Cheektowaga. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Pro-Net Professional Networking Group meeting, 8:30 a.m., Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 400 Essjay Road, Suite 150, Williamsville. Reservations 632-6905.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for individuals in career/job transition, 10 a.m., Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road, Amherst. Call 276-1117.
• Women’s Business Center at Canisius, Women In Networking (WIN) Amherst meeting, 11:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m., Canisius Amherst Conference Center, 300 Corporate Pkwy., Amherst. Reservations email: www.wbcwny.org.
• Grand Island Professional Women’s Chapter, New York State Women, 6 p.m., River Oaks, 201 Whitehaven Road, Grand Island. Reservations, 308-6230 or email@example.com.
• The Niagara County Community College Small Business Development Center and the Niagara USA Chamber, Niagara County Business Fair, 7-9 p.m., Niagara Falls Culinary Institute, 28 Old Falls St., Niagara Falls. Check-in 6:45 p.m. Attendance is free. Registration call the SBDC 210-2515 or email firstname.lastname@example.org; information www.niagarasbdc.org.
Seminars and classes
• Bryant and Stratton College Healthcare Services Administration program, lecture, 6 p.m., Southtowns Campus, 200 Redtail Road, Orchard Park, Program: Healthcare Information Technology and Implementation of EMR Systems, presented by Joel Kanick, president and CEO, Kanick and Company.
• BNI Pinnacle, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Transit Valley Country Club, 8920 Transit Road, East Amherst. Reservations 585-704-4383.
• BNI Signature, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., K of C Banquet Facility, 2735 Union Road, Cheektowaga. Information 886-1257, Ext. 201.
• Project Management Institute, Buffalo Chapter, PMI, Professional Day Breakfast Meeting, 7:15-8:45 a.m., Bob Evans Restaurant, 6635 Transit Road, Williamsville. Topic: Exploration of PDD Topics–Communicating for Success--are you still sinning? Beverages and breads provided by PMI. Attendees can individually purchase other menu items. Information Melissa Wallace 866-2842 or email@example.com.
• The WNY Business Alliance, business-to-business networking meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Call 310-3235.
• The Western New York Business Network Group for professionals, 7:45 a.m., Comfort Inn, 1 Flint Road, Amherst, Information 553-8883.
• The Niagara USA Chamber, lecture, 8 a.m., The Conference & Event Center Niagara Falls, 101 Old Falls St., Niagara Falls. Program: “Economic Vision 2014 and Beyond: Creating a Vibrant Future,” presented by Gary Keith, vice president and regional economist for M&T Bank. Cost: $30 per person; $25 Chamber members. Information or reservations, 285-9143 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Rotary Club of Buffalo, 12:15 p.m., Templeton Landing, 2 Templeton Terrace, Buffalo. Program: Lafayette Square, Mark Hamister. Information 854-3397 or email@example.com.
• Working For Downtown, Thursday in the City, 5-8 p.m., Papaya, 118 W. Chippewa, Buffalo. Information 854-2314.
• Clarence Chamber of Commerce, general membership open enrollment insurance meeting, 6-7:30 p.m., Clarence Senior Center, 4600 Thompson Road, Clarence. Members will meet with representatives from Independent Health, Blue Cross/Blue Shield and Univera Healthcare to hear what plans will be offered for 2014, and learn more about the new Healthcare Reform. Reservations 631-3888.
• BNI Enterprise, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Fairdale Banquet Center, 672 Wehrle Drive, Amherst. Information, 316-2302.
• BNI Circle of Excellence, networking meeting, 6:45-9 a.m., Milo’s Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Call 408-2525.
• Del Vecchio and Stadler law firm, luncheon presentation, noon-1 p.m., The Innovation Center, 640 Ellicott St., Buffalo. Reservations firstname.lastname@example.org or 783-8399. Topic: “From Creation To Protection To Profit.”
• Sales & Marketing Executives’ Progressive Networking Dinner, 5:15 p.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Cost: Free SME members; $40 nonmembers; and $15 students. Registration 662-2279 or www.bnsme.org.
• Pro-Net Professional Networking Group meeting, 8 a.m., Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 400 Essjay Road, Suite 150, Williamsville. Reservations 632-6905.