• Buffalo/Niagara Sales and Marketing Executives, CEO Roundtable, 5:15 p.m., Salvatore’s Italian Gardens, 6461 Transit Road, Depew. Cost: Free SME members; $40 nonmembers. Registration 662-2279 or www.bnsme.org.
• BNI Executive Marketing Team, breakfast meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information 818-2526 or www.bniemt.com.
• Bright Buffalo Niagara, Venture forum, 7:30 a.m., Statler City, 107 Delaware Ave., Buffalo. Information and registration www.BrightBuffaloNiagara.com.
• The Buffalo Niagara Travel Professionals, networking and dinner meeting, 5:15 p.m., Ilio DiPaolo’s Restaurant, 3875 South Park Ave., Blasdell. Cost: $30 members; $40 guest and late fee. Reservations www.bntp.wildapricot.org/events.
• Executive Taking Action Forum, Life Coach Roundtable, a leadership and personal development networking group, 7 p.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Reservations 202-8423.
Seminars and classes
• The U.S. Department of Commerce’s Export Assistance Center and the County of Chautauqua IDA, “Export Workshop: Getting Started,” 11:45 a.m.-1 p.m., SUNY Fredonia Technology Incubator, 214 Central Ave., Dunkirk. Free. Required pre-registration 551-4191 or Rosanna.email@example.com.
• The West Seneca Rotary Club, 7:45 a.m., Columns Banquet Center, 2221 Transit Road, Elma. Information www.wsrotary.org.
•The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, morning business exchange networking group meeting, 8 a.m., Olive Tree Restaurant, 5240 Broadway, Lancaster. Call 681-9755.
• Pro-Net Professional Networking Group meeting, 8:30 a.m., Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Williamsville. Reservations 632-6905.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for individuals in career/job transition, 10 a.m., Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road, Amherst. Call 276-1117.
• Clarence Chamber of Commerce, Business Roundtable luncheon, noon-1:30 p.m., Protocol Restaurant, 6766 Transit Road, Williamsville. Presentation: “Grants and Other Opportunities for Small Business,” presented by David Hartzell Jr., chairman, Clarence Industrial Development Agency and James Rash, Economic Development officer, Clarence IDA. Cost $20. Reservations 631-3888.
• Buffalo Niagara Chapter, New York State Women, Women In Business Showcase, 5-8:30 p.m., The Protocol Restaurant, 6766 Transit Road, Williamsville. Registration www.bncwomeninc.org.
• Niagara Frontier American Society for Training & Development, BNHRA and InfoTech Niagara, networking event, 5:30 p.m., Mike A @Hotel Lafayette, 391 Washington St., Buffalo. Fee $10. All proceeds benefit St. Luke’s Mission of Mercy. Registration http://bnhra.org.
Seminars and classes
• The Daemen College Nancy Haberman Gacioch Entrepreneurship Lecture Series, 5 p.m., Wick Center Alumni Lounge, Daemen campus, 4380 Main St., Amherst. Program: “Artist as Entrepreneur,” presented by Julian Montague. Free and open to the public. Information, 839-8253.
• The Niagara County Community College Small Business Development Center and the North Tonawanda Library, business workshops for local business owners, 6-8 p.m., North Tonawanda Library, 505 Meadow Drive, North Tonawanda. Topic: Business Organizational Forms: Sole Proprietorship, Partnership, LLC’s, Corporations. Registration 210-2515 or firstname.lastname@example.org; information www.niagarasbdc.org.
• BNI Pinnacle, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Transit Valley Country Club, 8920 Transit Road, East Amherst. Reservations 585-704-4383.
• BNI Signature, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Knights of Columbus Banquet Facility, 2735 Union Road, Cheektowaga. Information 886-1257, Ext. 201.
• The WNY Business Alliance, business-to-business networking meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Call 310-3235.
• The Western New York Business Network Group for professionals, 7:45 a.m., Comfort Inn, 1 Flint Road, Amherst, Information 553-8883.
• Working For Downtown, Thursday in the City, 5-8 p.m., Papaya, 118 W. Chippewa, Buffalo. Information 854.2314.
Seminars and classes
• University at Buffalo School of Management, Helan and Oscar Sufrin Lecture Series, 9 a.m.-noon, Center for Tomorrow, UB North Campus, Amherst. Free. Speaker: Mark Nigrini, author and forensic accounting expert and professor at the West Virginia University College of Business and Economics. Required reservations mgt.buffalo.edu/sufrin; information 645-3290.
• Canisius College, lecture, 7 p.m., Montante Cultural Center, Main Street and Eastwood Place, Buffalo. Program: “The Science of Shale Gas: The Latest Evidence on Leaky Wells, Emissions and Implications for Policy,” presented by Anthony R. Ingraffea, the Dwight C. Baum Professor of Engineering, Cornell University. Free and open to the public. Information 888-2790.
• BNI Enterprise, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Fairdale Banquet Center, 672 Wehrle Drive, Amherst. Information, 316-2302.
• BNI Circle of Excellence, networking meeting, 6:45-9 a.m., Milo’s Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Call 408-2525.
• Erie County Industrial Development Agency, Policy Committee meeting, 8:30 a.m., ECIDA, 95 Perry St., Suite 403. Reservations 856-6525, Ext. 136.
• NAWBO Buffalo Niagara, networking dinner meeting, 5:30, Windows on the Green at Westwood Country Club, 772 N. Forest, Williamsville. Topic: The Magic Of Believing In Yourself As You Follow Your Passion. Cost: $30 member; $40 guest. Registration www.nawbowny.org.
•The Greater East Aurora Chamber of Commerce and Business Education Alliance, presentation by Erie Community College President, Jack Quinn, 6 p.m., Aurora Town Hall Auditorium, 300 Gleed Avenue, East Aurora. Topic: Career Technology Education and the Skilled Trades and the Importance in Preparing our Workforce for the Needs of Tomorrow. No fee. Required reservations 652-8444 or email@example.com.
Seminars and classes
• Catholic Health and Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Vendor Fair for women, veteran, minority and local business enterprises, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Info/reservations, Maria.Rivera@RoswellPark.org or 845-4567.