• The Hamburg Chamber of Commerce, Annual Golf Tournament, 11 a.m.-noon, check-in; 12:30 p.m., shotgun start, Brierwood Country Club, 5324 Rogers Road, Hamburg. Information and registration, 649-7917 or www.hamburg-chamber.org.
Seminars and classes
• The Small Business Administration and the Workforce Development Institute, 8:30-10 a.m., U.S. Small Business Administration, 130 South Elmwood Ave., Suite 423. Topic: Financial Assistance to Help Grow Your Business. Registration http://events.sba.gov.
• Buffalo Chapter of Project Management Institute, Fall Professional Development Day, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m., Buffalo Niagara Convention Center, 153 Franklin St. Morning Program: “Project Managers: Illuminating the Darkness of the Future,” presented by Lee R. Lambert. Six afternoon break-out sessions. Continental breakfast, lunch, and snacks included. Earn 7 PDUs. Information, visit www.pmibuffalo.org.
• BNI Executive Marketing Team, breakfast meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information 818-2526 or www.bniemt.com.
• Pro-Net Professional Networking Group meeting, 8 a.m., today; 8:30, Wednesday and Thursday, Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Williamsville. Reservations 632-6905.
• The Buffalo Urban Development Corp., board of directors meeting, noon, ECIDA/BUDC office, 143 Genesee St. Call 856-6525, Ext. 136 for reservations or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Cheektowaga Chamber of Commerce, Awards Dinner, 5:30 p.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Tickets, $45; call 684.5838.
• Executive Taking Action Forum, Life Coach Roundtable, a leadership and personal development networking group, 7 p.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Reservations 202-8423.
• West Seneca Rotary Club, 7:45 a.m., Columns Banquet Center, 2221 Transit Road, Elma. Information www.wsrotary.org.
•The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, morning business exchange networking group meeting, 8 a.m., Olive Tree Restaurant, 5240 Broadway, Lancaster. Call 681-9755.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for individuals in career/job transition, 10 a.m., Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road, Amherst. Call 276-1117.
• Women’s Business Center at Canisius, Women In Networking–City meeting, 11:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m., Canisius College, Demerly Hall, 2365 Main St. Reservations email@example.com.
• Kiwanis Club of Buffalo, 12:10 p.m., Holiday Inn Downtown, 620 Delaware Ave., Buffalo. Program: Lt. Gov. Hank Baker will install new officers/directors. Reservations 854-4034.
Seminars and classes
• The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, free energy efficiency project seminar 8-10 a.m., Holiday Inn Downtown Buffalo, 620 Delaware Ave., Buffalo. Connects multifamily building owners, property managers, developers and board members of condominium and co-op associations with NYSERDA experts and engineering resources to begin taking advantage of its Multifamily Energy Performance Portfolio. Second seminar, noon to 2 p.m., for contractors, builders, HVAC specialists and non-profit advocacy organizations interested in growing their businesses by becoming a Multifamily Performance Program Partner. Registration, nyserda.ny.gov/PowerEvents.
• The Small Business Development Center at Buffalo State and the Veteran One-stop Center of WNY, Operation Entrepreneur workshop, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., VOC-WNY, 1280 Main St., 2nd floor. Lunch provided. Registration firstname.lastname@example.org; information, 878-4030.
• Buffalo Chapter of the Professional Association for SQL Server. PASS, networking and program meeting, 6-9 p.m., Z80 Labs, 1 News Plaza, Suite 20. Program: “SQL 2012 Performance Tuning Tools–Use What You Have,” presented by George Walters, Northeast District of Microsoft. Information visit http://buffalo.sqlpass.org or email BuffaloSQLPass@gmail.com.
• The Advertising Club of Buffalo, presentation, 7 p.m., Karpeles Manuscript Museum, Porter Hall, 453 Porter Ave. Program: “Golden Age of BS,” presented by Bob Hoffman, partner in the Type A Group. Information and tickets www.advertisingclubofbuffalo.com.
• BNI Pinnacle, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Transit Valley Country Club, 8920 Transit Road, East Amherst. Reservations 585-704-4383.
• BNI Signature, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., K of C Banquet Facility, 2735 Union Road, Cheektowaga. Information 886-1257, Ext. 201.
• The WNY Business Alliance, business-to-business networking meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Call 310-3235.
• The Western New York Business Network Group for professionals, 7:45 a.m., Comfort Inn, 1 Flint Road, Amherst. Information 553-8883.
• The Women’s Business Center and the Small Business Administration, state certification for businesses information session, 8:30-10 a.m., Women’s Business Center, Demerly Hall, 2365 Main St. Federal certification information session, Thursday, Oct. 3. Registration griffpay.canisius.edu.
Seminars and classes
• D’Youville College and the American College of Healthcare Executives and the Healthcare Executive Forum, “The Path to Electronic Health Record Implementation: Strategies for Success,” 3:45 p.m., D’Youville Academic Center, Fargo Ave. 1.5 ACHE Education Credits available. Registration ashleigh.Iamson@gmail.com. or //pathehr.eventzilla.net.
• Binational Alliance “Global Gateway” Exports and Financing Series, 5:30-8:30 p.m., Hotel @ The Lafayette, The Greenhouse Room, 391 Washington St. Program: Session Six: New Opportunities for Cross-Border Medical Services and Technology Development. Cost: Free, Binational Alliance members; $35, nonmembers (credit card prepayment required). Reservations Ghaith.Koussa@BTAPartners.com.
• Girl Scouts of Western New York Leadership Speaker Series, 6:30 p.m., Kleinhans Music Hall, 1 Symphony Circle. Program: Judy Smith, former White House special assistant and deputy press secretary will discuss her wide ranging experiences as a crisis management consultants. Tickets $75, call 1-888-837-6410.
• BNI Enterprise, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Fairdale Banquet Center, 672 Wehrle Drive, Amherst. Information, 316-2302.
• BNI Circle of Excellence, networking meeting, 6:45-9 a.m., Milo’s Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Call 408-2525.
• Dr. Bob’s Dental Care, the Buffalo participant in the national not-for-profit, Dentistry from the Heart, free dental services, 8 a.m.-1 p.m., Dr. Robert LaCarrubba Dental Practice, 892 Elmwood Ave. Register 7:45 a.m. First come, first served. Information, www.drbobsdentalcare.com or www.dentistryfromtheheart.org.
• Buffalo/Niagara Sales and Marketing Executives, CEO Roundtable, 5:15 p.m., Salvatore’s Italian Gardens, 6461 Transit Road, Depew. Cost: Free SME members; $40 nonmembers. Registration 662-2279 or www.bnsme.org.
• Bright Buffalo Niagara, Venture forum, 7:30 a.m., Statler City, 107 Delaware Ave. Info and registration, www.BrightBuffaloNiagara.com.
Seminars and classes
• The Daemen College Nancy Haberman Gacioch Entrepreneurship Lecture Series, 5 p.m., Wick Center Alumni Lounge, Daemen campus, 4380 Main St., Amherst. Program: “Artist as Entrepreneur,” presented by Julian Montague. Free and open to the public. Information, 839-8253.
• Buffalo Niagara Chapter, New York State Women, Women In Business Showcase, 5-8:30 p.m., The Protocol Restaurant, 6766 Transit Road, Cheektowaga. Registration www.bncwomeninc.org.