• The Buffalo Niagara Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America, Sunrise Seminar series 8-9 a.m., Hospice Buffalo Education Center, 225 Como Park Blvd., Cheektowaga. Topic: AP Style Refresher Course. Registration, 7:45 a.m. or www.prsabuffaloniagara.org or 879-0942.
• BNI Executive Marketing Team, breakfast meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information 818-2526 or www.bniemt.com.
• Pro-Net Professional Networking Group meeting, 8 a.m. today; 8:30 a.m. Wednesday, Amherst Chamber of Commerce, 350 Essjay Road, Suite 200, Williamsville. Reservations 632-6905.
• Erie County Industrial Development Agency, Branding and Marketing Committee meeting, 1 p.m., ECIDA, 143 Genesee St. Confirmations 856-6525, Ext. 136.
• Buffalo Urban Development Corp. board of directors meeting, noon, ECIDA/BUDC Offices, 143 Genesee St. Reservations, contact Carrie Hocieniec, 856-6525, Ext. 136.
• Executive Taking Action Forum, Life Coach Roundtable, a leadership and personal development networking group, 7 p.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Reservations 202-8423.
• The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, morning business exchange networking group meeting, 8 a.m., Olive Tree Restaurant, 5240 Broadway, Lancaster. Call 681-9755.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for individuals in career/job transition, 10 a.m., Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road, Amherst. Call 276-1777.
Events and open houses
• Edward Jones, open house, 4-7 p.m., 172 Main St., East Aurora. Refreshments will be served. Edward Jones provides financial services for individual investors in the United States and throughout its affiliate in Canada. Thursday
• The Advertising Club of Buffalo, The Big Tip Off, celebrity bartending event, 6-9 p.m., Soho Burger Bar, 64 W. Chippewa St.. Guest bartenders from Western New York’s advertising/communications firms will compete for the most tips for a good cause, the Ad Club’s Scholarship Fund, which awards nearly $3,000 to area students annually. Admission is $20 for Ad Club members and nonmembers, and includes appetizers plus open bar. This is a cash-only event.
• BNI Platinum, networking meeting, 6:45 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information 864-0478.
• BNI Pinnacle, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Transit Valley Country Club, 8920 Transit Road, East Amherst. Reservations (585) 704-4383.
• BNI Signature, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., K of C Banquet Facility, 2735 Union Road, Cheektowaga. Information 886-1257, Ext. 201.
• The WNY Business Alliance, business-to-business networking meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Call 310-3235.
• BNI Enterprise, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Fairdale Banquet Center, 672 Wehrle Drive, Amherst. Information, 316-2302.
• BNI Circle of Excellence, networking meeting, 6:45-9 a.m., Milo’s Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Call 408-2525.
• Erie County Industrial Development Agency, Branding and Marketing Committee meeting, 1 p.m., ECIDA, 143 Genesee St. Confirmations, 856-6525, Ext. 136.
• The Buffalo Niagara Chapter of NYS Women, dinner and program meeting, 5 p.m., Protocol Restaurant, 6766 Transit Road, Depew. Dinner, 6 p.m. Program: “Buffalo’s Vibrant Neighborhoods: Our African American Community,” presented by Karen Stanley Fleming, chair of the Michigan Street African American Heritage Commission. Registration, www.bncwomeninc.org.