• NY Walleye Association, 533 Amherst St., 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. Call 875-8148.
• Niagara Musky Association, The Eldridge Club, 17 Broad St., City of Tonawanda, 7 p.m. Tuesday. Call 225-3816 or visit niagaramuskyassociation.ning.com.
• WNY Chapter of Safari Club International, Michael’s Banquet, 4885 Southwestern Blvd., Hamburg, 7 p.m. Wednesday. A roundtable discussion on the Second Amendment with Sheriff Tim Howard, David DiPietro, Ray Walters, Chris Collins and a representative from Senator Patrick Gallivan’s office. Call 565-1980.
• Hawkeye Bowmen Labor Day Shoot, 1330 Clinton St., Alden, breakfast starts at 6 a.m., registrations, 7 a.m.-noon Monday. For more details call Phil Fleck at 998-4857 or visit hawkeye.bowmen.com.
• Double T Archery Club’s Annual Harvest Shoot, 1120 North French Road, Amherst, Sept. 20 and 21. Call 834-4707 or visit doubletarchery.com.
• WNY Outdoor Pistol League, Polaris Club at Tonawanda Sportsmen’s Club, North Tonawanda, 9 a.m.-noon Sept. 7, walk-on shooters always welcome. For league and gear details, call Bob Guyder at 695-1725.
• North Forest Rod & Gun Club Ladies Shoot ‘N Hoot, 6257 Old Niagara Road, Lockport, Sept. 13. Registration by Sept. 8. For details, call Colleen Gaskill at 628-9023 or email: Cghummingbird7@gmail.com.
• Erie County Conservation Society 3-D Archery Shoot Days, 13319 Miller Ave., Chaffee, 8 a.m.-1 p.m., Sept. 7 and 21, 30 targets, open to the public, kids under age 14 free. Call Greg Gattie at 560-9613.
To view the Department of Environmental Conservation registration format for certification classes, go to dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7860.
• Nick’s Sporting Goods, 1211 Kenmore Ave., Kenmore, 6-10 p.m. Sept. 9 and 10. Call 875-9218.
• North Forest Rod & Gun Club, 6257 Old Niagara Road, Lockport, 5:30-9:30 p.m. Sept. 10 and 11. Call Larry Koch at 778-9935 or Rich Evans at 433-4189 (both contacts, 5-9 p.m.)
• George Washington Club, 2805 Niagara St., Tonawanda, 8 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Sept. 13. Call 627-9861 or 874-1206.
• Doc’s Archery, 308 Niagara Falls Blvd., North Tonawanda, 5:30-9:30 p.m. Sept. 10 and 8 a.m.-noon Sept. 13. Register in person at the store. Call 693-2703.
• VFW Post 7545, 110 Elgin St., City of Tonawanda, 6-10 p.m. Sept. 16 and 18. Call 627-9861.
• Millgrove Sportsmen’s Club at Alden Rod & Gun Club, 12 County Line Road, 7-10 p.m. Sept. 8 and 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Sept. 13. Register on line for instructions.
• VFW Post 7545, 110 Elgin St., City of Tonawanda, 6-10 p.m. Sept. 9. 11 and 12. Call 627-9861 or 867-1541.
• LaSalle Sportsmen’s Club, 2445 Tuscarora Road, Niagara Falls, 6 p.m. Sept. 10, 11, 17 and 18. Register at first class.
• Holland Rod & Gun Club Route 16, 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Sept. 13 and 20. Call 692-7660.
• Elma Conservation Club, 600 Creek Road, 6-11 p.m. Thursday. Pre-register on line.
• Firearms Training of WNY Class: NYS Pistol Permit Class, American Legion Cadille Post, Niagara Falls, 6-9 p.m. Wednesday; Utah-Florida-Arizona Multi-State Class, J.M. McDonald Sports Complex, Cortland, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Sept. 7. Call 903-2558 or go to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Security Weapons & Training Institute, 659 Ridge Road, Lackawanna: 8-Hour Pre-Assignment Class, 8:30 a.m. Friday. Call 822-1043 or go to swatstore.com.
• Jim Carr Class: NYS Pistol Permit Class, Middleport Rod & Gun Club, 6 p.m. Sept. 9; and Utah-Arizona-Florida Multi-State Pistol Permit Class, Calvary Baptist Church, Batavia, 6 p.m., Sept. 11 or Niagara Gun Range, North Tonawanda, 9 a.m., Sept. 13. Call 788-9431 or email: email@example.com.
• U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary Flotilla 3-2 ABS (About Boating Safely) Class, McKinley Mall, Community Room, Blasdell, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Sept. 13. Call Bob Bennett at 481-3900.
• Iroquois Arms Collectors Gun Show, Frontier Volunteer Fire Co., 2176 Liberty Dr., Niagara Falls, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. today. Visit iroquoisarmscollectors.org.
• Niagara Frontier Gun Show, Erie County Fairgrounds, 5820 South Park Ave., Hamburg, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Sept. 6. Pistol clerks on site both days for Erie, Cattaraugus and Allegany counties. For more details visit nfgshows.com.
• First Greater Niagara Frontier Fishing and Hunting Show, Getzville Fire Company, 630 Dodge Road, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Sept. 13 and 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Sept. 14. For details, call Chuck Booker at 957-3566.
• Judges and Police Conference Dinner, Milo’s Restaurant, 5887 Main St., Williamsville, 6 p.m. Thursday. Guest speaker, Sheriff Chris Moss. Call 868-6145.
• DEC Region 9 Hunter Education Instructor Appreciation Banquet, Holland Willows, 177 Savage Road, 3 p.m. Sept. 7. For reservations, call Cheryl Schenne at 655-2328.
• WNY Chapter of Pheasants Forever Banquet, Tonawandas Sportsmen’s Club, 5 p.m. Sept. 13. For details, call John Puscheck at 668-3327 or David Kern at433-3547.
• Buffalo Audubon Society/Beaver Meadow Center, 1610 Welch Road, North Java Events: Walk at Knox Farm State Park – Ferns of Knox, 9 a.m. Saturday; and Homestead Festival, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday. Most BAS events require registration. For details, call (585) 457-3228 (ext. 10) or go to buffaloaudubon.org.
• Tifft Nature Preserve, 1200 Fuhrmann Blvd., Events: Wellness Walk, 10 a.m.-noon, Saturday; and Trek Tifft, 2-3:30 p.m. Sept. 7. For all programs and registration details, call 825-6397 (ext. 338).
• Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve, 93 Honorine Dr., Depew, Programs: Weeds that Feed and Heal, 10 a.m. Saturday; Birding 101 (Class No. 7), 2:30 p.m. Saturday. For registration details and all Environmental Education Center programs, call 683-5959.
• Niagara Frontier Region of New York State Parks Programs: Picture This! Photo Hike of the Park, Niagara Falls State Park, 10 a.m.-noon Saturday, call 285-0516.
• Foothills Trail Club Events: Goat Island Saunter, 10 a.m. Tuesday, call 759-6442; Wednesday Night Mini-Hike, Erie Beach Canada, 6:30 p.m., call 826-2465 or 445-9195; Rim Trail Loop in Ellicottville, 9 a.m. Saturday.
• Hamburg Natural History Society Event: United Way Day of Caring Project at Penn Dixie Site, 9 a.m. Wednesday. For details, call 627-4560 or go to penndixie.org.
• Paths, Peaks and Paddles events: Monday Evening Paddle on the Buffalo River, 6 p.m. For site details, call 213-0350 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Letchworth State Park Interpretive Programs: Learn About Letchworth Series-Letchworth Landscapes: Abstract Geology with Painter Richard Shearer, 7 p.m. Tuesday; Animal Walk – Insect Safari, 1 p.m. Wednesday; and Stone Tool Craftsman Show, 10 a.m. Friday and Saturday. For all programs, call (585) 493-3625.
Send items 15 days in advance to Will Elliott, 9777 Bernd Road, Pavilion, N.Y., 14525 or email email@example.com