The Town Board has joined other towns in calling on the Erie County executive and legislature to help resolve the issue of payment for the plowing of county roads.
Town highway superintendents and the county have not yet agreed on how much the county will pay towns to plow county roads.
While Hamburg town crews do not plow any county roads, board members said town residents drive on county roads in other towns, and they want to show solidarity with the other towns.
Also, Hamburg village officials have agreed to have the owners of 12 Main St. develop and renovate the village-owned green space and parking lot on the village parcel at the corner of Main and Buffalo streets.
Since it is one of the main gateways to the village, board members are looking for a well-planned space open to the public, with a decorative brick half-wall and landscaping.
Also this week:
• The Hamburg Village Board will conduct a work session at 5:30 p.m. Monday followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• The Frontier School Board meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 20, at the Administration Building, 5120 Orchard Ave., Hamburg.
• The Hamburg Village Architectural Review Committee will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Village Hall.
• The Blasdell Farmers Market runs from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday in the parking lot of Ilio DiPaolo’s Restaurant, 3785 South Park Ave.
• The Blasdell Village Board will meet at 6 p.m. Wednesday in Village Hall, 121 Miriam Ave.
• The town Planning Board will conduct a public hearing at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Room 7B of Town Hall on a request for site plan approval for Sherwood Meadows Apartments on property located east of Heatherwood Drive.
• Forever Young will perform at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Memorial Park as part of the Hamburg village summer concert series.
• The Hamburg Farmer’s market is open from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in the municipal parking lot between Main and Union streets.