There has been talk for months about the Town of Orchard Park buying the Baker Road school from the Orchard Park Central School District.
It appears the talk is continuing.
Both the Town Board and the School Board, in separate meetings in the last two weeks, have gone into executive session to talk about the sale of real property. The Town Board work session agenda last week was more specific: “to review background material for purchase negotiations for the Baker Road Elementary School.”
But there’s still no word on whether a deal has been reached.
The School District this summer moved its administrative offices to a new district office at 2240 Southwestern Blvd., West Seneca. The plan was to sell or lease the old district office to help pay for the renovations on the new office and transportation center.
Also this week:
• The town Historic Preservation Committee will meet at 7 p.m. Monday in the municipal center, 4295 S. Buffalo St.
• The town Conservation Board will hold a work session at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in the basement meeting room of the municipal center.
• The village Planning Board will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the municipal center.
• There will be a community permit meeting for those who would like to conduct activities in Orchard Park Central schools this fall and winter from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Wednesday at the district office, 2240 Southwestern Blvd., West Seneca.
• The Town Board will conduct a work session at 6 p.m. Wednesday in the supervisor’s conference room, followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in the board room of the municipal center.