LITTLE VALLEY – Justice L. Safford, 33, of Allegany, who was convicted two years ago of an assault in Olean, was ordered this week by Cattaraugus County Court Judge Ronald D. Ploetz to spend the next year in the county jail on his guilty plea to a felony weapons possession charge for an incident in Olean on Jan. 31. Safford was not legally allowed to possess weapons because of his 2011 assault conviction.
In other action this week in Cattaraugus County Court:
• Diana L. Bradley, 49, of Delavan, remained free pending further court action after arraignment on an indictment charging her with second-degree criminal sexual act, sexual abuse and child endangerment for allegedly molesting a 14-year-old child in the Town of Yorkshire in late February.
• Dale E. Frye, 51, of Jamestown, was sentenced to six months of weekends in the county jail, fined $1,500 fine and put on five years’ probation on his felony drunken-driving conviction for an incident in the Town of Randolph April 8, 2012. District Attorney Lori Pettit Rieman said Frye had a blood-alcohol level of 0.17 percent, more than twice the state’s legal limit.
• Brandon M. Emley, 26, of Portville, was ordered to make $1,428 in restitution and put on five years’ probation on his guilty plea to forging checks in the City of Olean last December and January.
• Brandi L. Green, 24, of Jamestown, faces a Sept. 30 sentencing on her guilty plea to a felony grand larceny charge for stealing a handgun in a Town of South Valley store Oct. 8.
• Sunny A. Leblanc, 31, of Cattaraugus, faces a Sept. 30 sentencing on her felony drunken-driving plea for an arrest in the Town of Mansfield last Dec. 20. Pettit Rieman said Leblanc had a blood-alcohol reading of 0.16 percent, twice the state’s legal limit.
• Tina K. Bellamy, 43, of Shinglehouse, Pa., pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging her with felony grand larceny and forgery for allegedly cashing more than $3,000 worth of forged checks in the City of Olean between Oct. 3 and Feb. 7.
• Christopher D. Burton, 25, of Olean, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with third-degree burglary and petit larceny for a break-in at a City of Olean building May 17.
• Bradley A. Mason, 50, of Forestville, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with two counts of felony driving while intoxicated and consumption of alcohol in a motor vehicle in the Town of New Albion March 7. Pettit Rieman said Mason had a blood-alcohol reading of 0.12 per cent.
• Brandon J. Williams, 25, of Olean, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with criminal sale and possession of a controlled substance for allegedly selling hydrocodone in the City of Olean on March 30.
• Curtis A. Ford, 22, of Olean, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with two counts each of criminal sale and possession of a controlled substance for allegedly selling hydrocodone in the City of Olean on March 28 and April 6.
• Leshawn T. Kimbrough, 22, of Olean, pleaded not guilty to an indictment charging him with allegedly selling heroin, hydrocodone and Clonazepam, and marijuana possession in Olean last Jan. 26, April 20 and May 27. He was also charged with endangering the welfare of a child allegedly present during a drug sale.