LOCKPORT – Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo will be in Lockport Tuesday morning to discuss the state’s flood relief efforts for Lockport homeowners and businesses affected by last month’s storms, Mayor Michael W. Tucker said today.
Cuomo is scheduled to speak at 10 a.m. in City Hall, Tucker said.
The visit comes as state officials are meeting with Lockport property owners who have damage claims from the June 28 flash flood.
Tucker said 98 people came to City Hall to make claims Sunday. Claims can be filed until 8 p.m. today and from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday.
The governor last Wednesday announced $2 million in flood aid for Niagara County, part of a $16 million statewide commitment stemming from heavy rains around the state during June.
The state Flood Recovery Program stepped in after the Federal Emergency Management Agency refused aid for private property losses. FEMA did approve up to $800,000 in reimbursements to the city for flood-related damage to streets and sewers.