Town of Tonawanda
Two important meetings take place this week in the Kenmore-Town of Tonawanda School District’s consolidation review plan.
The Ken-Ton School Board will discuss a focus group’s final report at a special meeting Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. in the community room of the Philip Sheridan Building, 3200 Elmwood Avenue. The public is welcome, however, no comments will be permitted during the meeting.
The public is welcome to comment during a consolidation work session Thursday at 6:30 p.m. in the Kenmore East High School auditorium, 350 Fries Road. The board may ask its administrative staff to begin analyzing certain consolidation scenarios following public comment.
Also this week:
• The Tonawanda-Kenmore Historical Society will present a costumed Civil War tea at its open house today from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the museum, 100 Knoche Road. Civil war uniforms and firearms will be displayed, as well as clothing from the era. For more information, call 873-5774.
• The Town Board meets at 7:30 p.m. Monday in council chambers at the municipal building, 2919 Delaware Ave. A work session begins at 4 in the second-floor conference room.
• The Kenmore Planning Board meets at 6 p.m. Tuesday in room 15 of the municipal building, 2919 Delaware Ave.
• St. John the Baptist Church will hold its “St. John’s Bash & Dash” festival Saturday from 3 p.m. until 7 p.m. on parish grounds at 1085 Englewood Avenue. The “bash” aspect will feature children’s rides and games, music from Jeremy Hoyle and Tragically Hip tribute act Strictly Hip, food trucks and tents, gambling and beer tents and a 50th reunion of the St. John’s Class of 1963. The “dash” is a USA Track and Field-certified 5K Road Race and 1-mile Fun Run, which begins at 7 p.m. The 5K race follows at 7:30. Registration and additional race information can be found at buffalorunners.com/StJohnsDashBash13.PDF.
• Tickets are now available for an Aug. 25 event at Ellwood Fire Hall to benefit the family of Town of Tonawanda police officer Tim Day who is in need of a heart transplant. Anyone interested in donating items for a basket raffle may contact Colleen Donovan at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit facebook.com/DonorsForDay for more information.