Blues music will rock Clarence starting Saturday and continuing Sunday during the ninth annual Rock the Barn festival at 9015 Main St., east of Shimerville Road.
Smokin’ Joe Kubek & Bnois King, as well as Albert Castiglia and Canadian performer Chuck Jackson’s Big Bad Blues Band will headline the event, which benefits Meals on Wheels. Music goes from 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday and noon to 7 p.m. on Sunday. Advance tickets are $15 and are available at all Dash’s Market locations. Tickets at the gate are $20, with children under 10 free.
Also this week:
• The Clarence Summer Concert Series presents “Sorcerers and Aliens” with music by the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Maestro Arie Lipsky as part of a family concert starting at 7 p.m. tonight at the Clarence Town Park at 10405 Main Street. For more information visit clarenceconcert.org.
• A Planning Board executive meeting will be held at 9 a.m. Monday at the Town Hall at One Town Place.
• The town’s Chamber of Commerce will host a ribbon cutting honoring the 90th year of Dash’s Market starting at 10 a.m. Tuesday at Dash’s at 8845 Main St.
• A Planning Board meeting will begin at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at Town Hall. McGuire Development Traditional Neighborhood District is requesting an action under the State Environmental Quality Review Act and Concept Plan Approval for the construction of a proposed office building at 8321 Main Street. Also being discussed is the proposed Northwoods Open Space Design Subdivision.
• The Clarence Industrial Development Agency will meet at 8 am. Thursday in the Town Board Room at Town Hall.
• Friends of the Arboretum will meet at 10 a.m. Thursday at Town Hall.
• Get in shape this summer with “Fitness in the Park,” a free community exercise program presented by the Town of Clarence Youth Bureau, along with Independent Health and the YMCA of Buffalo-Niagara. All Clarence residents are invited to participate in a 60-minute cardio dance fitness class taught by certified instructors from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Friday at the Main Street Town Park at 10405 Main St. “Fitness in the Park” will continue each Friday through August 30. No sign up or registration required. For more information, visit ymcabuffaloniagara.org.
• It’s Fire Safety Day at the The Hollow’s Farmers’ Market Saturday and local volunteer fire fighters will be on site to answer market visitors’ fire questions and concerns. The market runs from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Saturday from June through October at 10717 Main St.