Southern Erie County
The Lake Shore Central School Board re-elected its president and vice president during its reorganization meeting last week.
Jennifer Michalec and Carla Thompson were unanimously re-elected to as president and vice president.
It was the first meeting for new board members William Connors Jr. and Jennifer Farrell, who were sworn in by District Clerk Kristine DeMartino, who also administered the oath of office to returning member Cindy Latimore. Luke Catalano will serve as the student representative on the Board.
Also this week:
• The Boston Town Board will meet at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday to review its agenda, followed by a regular meeting at 7:30 p.m. in Town Hall, 8500 Boston State Road.
• The Elma Planning Board will meet 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Town hall, 1600 Bowen Road.
• On Wednesday, the Elma Town Board will meet twice, at 6 p.m. in a work session to discuss a Jamison Road 280A; to review the town fill code; and regarding a project on Seneca St. proposed by Todd Huber. Huber had presented the Board with a petition signed by 40 property owners along a section of Seneca St.. between Rice and Transit Road to see if the Board could change the existing code.
A town board meeting will follow at 7 p.m. and include three public hearings. The first will be for a drainage district #193 at 90 New Bullis Road, followed by a hearing on Drainage District #194 at 1221 and 1231 Maple Road.
A hearing will be held on Local Law-2-2013 regarding Historic Preservation of town buildings or homes.
• The Carnival Kids Steel Band will perform at the Village Green Park at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday evening, as part of the Summer events.
Boy Scout Troop 238 will sell hot dogs, hamburgers and corn. The Friends of the Library will sell Root Beer floats. Bring a lawn chair.
• At 8 p.m. Wednesday there will be a Movie Night at the Marilla Town Pavilion at dusk as part of the Summer series. Bring a lawn chair or blanket to sit on. The movie “Escape From Planet Earth” is rated PG and runs one hour and 29 minutes. There will be free pop corn.
If it rains, the movie will be shown inside the Community Center, 1840 Two Rod Road.
• Due to inclement weather the Marilla Fire Company Benevolent Association’s Truck, tractor and semi truck pulls were canceled and will be held on Sept. 14. Gates to open at 5 p.m. with the first pull to begin at 6 p.m.
• The Town of Marilla Planning Board will meet 7 p.m. Thursday in Town Hall, 1740 Two Rod Road.
• The Wales “Walk In The Park” committee headed by volunteer Susan Everett is inviting residents interested in a paved walking trail to meet at the park on July 31 for an informal meeting to exchange ideas and information regarding the financing and construction of a trail.
The trail could include benches for shady areas, be about a half mile long, and include a portion of Buffalo Creek with benches for viewing.
The Town Board is willing to apply for grants to finance the construction of the trail which it wants accessible to all residents including the elderly and disabled.
Residents are urged to come early around 6:30 p.m. to walk around the area before the meeting at 7 p.m. Ice cream will be served.
• The Springville Village Board will meet 7 p.m. Monday on the second floor of the Municipal building at 65 Franklin Street.