Looking for a fireworks show near you? Check out these Independence Day events tonight and Friday.
• Baird Point, University at Buffalo North Campus. Concerts by Bill McEwen at 7 p.m. and the Erie County Wind Ensemble at 8:45, fireworks at dusk. Rain date for both concerts: Friday.
• Erie Canal Harbor Central Wharf (95 Perry St.). Fireworks at dusk, preceded by several events, including a flag folding ceremony at 7 p.m. and concerts by the George Scott Big Band of the Colored Musicians Club (7:30) and the Buffalo Niagara Concert Band (9). Visit canalsidebuffalo.com for the evening’s schedule.
• The Chautauqua Institution (1 Ames Ave.). Pops concert by the Chautauqua Symphony Orchestra at 8 p.m., fireworks at 10 coninciding with a bells concert at the Miller Bell Tower. Other events scheduled through the day, including a visit from MSNBC’s Chris Hayes at 10:45 a.m. and a production of “Cat on a Hot Tin Roof” at 4 p.m. Go to ciweb.org to see the full schedule and purchase gate passes.
• Parade at noon down Harlem Road to Cheektowaga Town Park (2600 Harlem Road), live music in the park by the Bedrock Boys (starting at 1 p.m.) and Route 66 (starting at 6:30), fireworks at dusk.
• Fireworks at Cuba Lake at dusk.
• Fireworks at dusk at the Elma, Marilla and Wales Boys & Girls Club (2080 Girdle Road). Parking across the street at the Iroquois High School parking lot.
• Red, White & Blue Day at Martin’s Fantasy Island (2400 Grand Island Blvd.). Special all-day admission of $17.76, theme park stays open late for fireworks at dusk.
• Fireworks at Woodlawn Beach State Park start at 9:45 p.m. Rain date is Friday. The Boys of Summer will play at 6 p.m.
• Save-A-Lot parking lot (10 Aurora St.). Faith service at 8 a.m., baby contest and boys and girls club 10K run at 9, beer garden and rides at noon, parade at 2 p.m., music by Lancaster Town Band (noon) and Breakaway (6 p.m.), fireworks at 10.
• Outwater Park (off Glenwood Avenue and Trowbridge Street). Fireworks at dusk.
• Fireworks at dusk at the Lewiston Plateau, near Artpark (450 S. Fourth St.). Can be seen from Academy Park on Center Street.
NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y.
• Fireworks in Hyde Park (Porter Road) at 9:30 p.m.
NIAGARA FALLS, ONT.
• 20th annual Niagara Falls Fireworks series, with concert by Disco Nation at 8 p.m. and fireworks at 10 in Queen Victoria Park.
• Sugar N’ Jazz concert at 7 p.m. in Niawanda Park (Niagara Street), fireworks at dusk.
• Music by Megan Prosser and After the Blast, games and activities and fireworks at dusk at Bradner Stadium (Route 417). Gate opens at 5:30 p.m. Rain date TBD.
• Annual parade at Orchard Park High School (4040 Baker Road). Participants gather at 7 p.m., parade begins at 8. Fireworks at dusk at Orchard Park Middle School (60 S. Lincoln Ave.).
• Fireworks in Pendleton Town Park (6570 Campbell Blvd.) at dusk.
Concert by Paul Zittel & Pure Country at Town Park, starting at 5:30 p.m. and continuing until fireworks at dusk.
• Fireworks in Oppenheim Park (2713 Niagara Falls Blvd.) at dusk.
• Fireworks outside Seneca Niagara Casino & Hotel at approximately 9:40 p.m. near the Sixth Street outdoor parking lot. (A rain date is slated for Saturday, July 6.)
TOWN OF TONAWANDA
• Fireworks follow a ceremony at Kenney Field (Colvin Boulevard at Brighton Road) at 6:30 p.m. honoring the town’s World War II veterans, a two-hour concert of patriotic tunes by the 80-piece American Legion Band of the Tonawandas at 7:15 p.m.