Town Board members have approved a 19-year lease with Frontier Central School District to rent the former learning center at 4540 Southwestern Blvd. for an adult day care center, senior center and recreation administration offices.
Hamburg will lease the building for the cost of the district’s bond payment, which is between $50,000 and $55,000 each year.
The Town Board also reappointed Robert E. Hutchison Jr. as town assessor through Sept. 30. 2019.
Also this week:
• The ninth annual “Big Toys, Trucks & Bikes” fundraiser will be held from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. today at the Penn Dixie Paleontological and Outdoor Education Center, 4050 North St. In addition to having trucks on hand for display and photos, a representative from Beaver Meadow Nature Preserve will have animals, there will be a rocket display and rocket launches by the Upstate Research Rocketry Group and face painting by the Hamburg YES organization.
• The Hamburg Village Board will hold a work session at 5:30 p.m. Monday followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in Village Hall, 100 Main St.
• The town Zoning Board of Appeals will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Room 7B in Town Hall, 6100 South Park Ave.
•The Blasdell Farmers Market runs from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday in the parking lot of Ilio DiPaolo’s Restaurant, 3785 South Park Ave.
• Kokomo Time Band is scheduled to perform at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Memorial Park as part of the Hamburg village summer concert series.
• The Hamburg Farmer’s market is open from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in the village municipal lot off Union and Main streets.