The Common Council is expected to vote on a new labor contract with city firefighters when it meets in regular session at 2 p.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers.
The 15-year agreement includes raises for firefighters, and changes to health care contributions for new employees and work rule changes that are expected to save the city money.
The city’s control board gave their non-binding approval to the agreement last week.
Also this week:
• The Council will hold its pre-meeting caucus at 2 p.m. Monday in Room 1417 of City Hall.
• The Buffalo Urban Development Corp. will meet at noon Tuesday in the Erie County Industrial Development Agency offices at 143 Genesee St.
• The Buffalo Urban Renewal Agency will meet at 9:30 a.m. Thursday in Room 209 of City Hall.
• The Preservation Board will meet at 3 p.m. Thursday in Room 901 of City Hall.
• The Buffalo Board of Education will hold its regular meeting at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday in Room 801 of City Hall. Additional city schools education news is available each week on the School Zone blog at www.buffalonews.com