OLEAN – Renovations are on tap late this summer at Olean High School.
The project, expected to cost as much as $60,000, includes the renovation of first-floor restrooms to bring them in compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act.
The School Board, which met Tuesday, approved the project’s environmental impact study. Because of the size of the project, a referendum was not required, Superintendent Colleen Taggery said.
“The project has been approved by the state Education Department,”said Taggery, who added that most of the work will be done in-house.
In other matters, the board:
• Accepted the resignations of district staffers Peggy Wright and James Gould, both retiring.
• Rehired Michelle Acierno, a physical education teacher. Acierno had been laid off but placed on the preferred eligibility list. She will be paid $48,357 a year.
• Rehired Charles Warren, a science teacher, who also had been laid off. He will be paid $75,022 a year.
• Rehired Washington West Middle School guidance counselors Dan Brooks and Kelly Gumtow. Brooks will be paid $54,190 and Gumtow $42,024,
• Announced that the board will meet next at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the board room of Olean High School.
A reorganizational meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. July 2, also in the board room.