• BNI Executive Marketing Team, breakfast meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St. Williamsville. Information 818-2526 or www.bniemt.com.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for downsized employees and career changers, 10 a.m., Lakewood Town Offices (upstairs), 20 W. Summit St., Lakewood. Call 276-1127.
• Working for Downtown annual meeting and awards luncheon, 11:30 a.m., Chef’s Restaurant, 291 Seneca St., Buffalo. Speaker: Howard Zemsky, managing partner, Larkin Development Group. Cost: $25 WFD member; $30 nonmember. Purchase ticket online www.workingfordowntown.org. Required reservations, Lynn Waclawek, 842-5237 or email@example.com.
• The Amherst Chamber of Commerce, Business After Hours, a monthly networking event, 5-7 p.m., Victor Dean Training, 5225 Sheridan Drive, Williamsville. Free, Amherst Chamber members and first-time nonmember guests. Information or reservation www.amherst.org or 632-6905.
• Orchard Park Chamber of Commerce Business After Hours Mixer, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Carter Financial Management, 6470 New Taylor Road, Orchard Park. Required reservations, 662-3366.
• Cheektowaga Chamber of Commerce, NetWorks! 5:30-7:30 p.m., French Pub Bar and Grill, 1250 French Road, Cheektowaga. Reservations, 684-5838.
• Buffalo Niagara 360–Customer Service: Leading by Example, 5:30-8:30 p.m., Buffalo Niagara Partnership, 665 Main St., Suite 200, Buffalo. Free for paid BN360 members. Registration, www.thepartnership.org/eventscalendar or 852-7100.
• Executive Taking Action Forum, Life Coach Roundtable, a leadership and personal development networking group, 7 p.m., Holiday Inn Buffalo Airport, 4600 Genesee St., Cheektowaga. Reservations 202-8423.
Seminars and classes
• The U.S. Small Business Administration’s Buffalo District office, free Veteran’s workshop, An Introduction to Entrepreneurship for Veterans; Why Start a Veteran-owned Small Business, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Batavia YMCA Camp Hough, 4163 W. Lake Road, Silver Springs. Information or registration Gregory Lindberg, 551-4301, Ext. 303.
• Buffalo Investors & Exchangors Group, 7 p.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Program: “How to Survive Legally as a Landlord” presented by Robert Friedman, Friedman & Ranzenhofer Attorneys and “Using Triple Net Leases for Passive Real Estate Investments” presented by Russell J. Gullo. Free and open to the public. Reservations 675-1500.
• The Western New York Chapter of the Financial Planning Association, monthly lunch meeting, 11:15 a.m.-1:15 p.m., Fox Run Orchard Park, One Fox Run Lane, Orchard Park. Program: WNY Labor Market in the Coming Decade, presented by John Slenker, New York State Labor Department. Cost: Free, chapter members; $25, nonmembers. Required reservations required, 688-3096 or www.fpawny.org.
• The Advantage Business Networking Group of Niagara County, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Wheatfield Community Center, 2790 Church Road, North Tonawanda. Call 433-2402.
• Nickel City Networkers Meeting, 7:30 a.m., Holiday Showcase Restaurant, Union Road, Depew. Information www.nickelcitynetworking.com.
• Buffalo Business Networking event, 7:30-9 a.m., US Itek, 1016 Niagara Falls Blvd., Tonawanda. Registration: buffalo-tipclub-june2013.eventbrite.com.
• The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, morning business exchange networking group meeting, 8 a.m., Olive Tree Restaurant, 5240 Broadway, Lancaster. Call 681-9755.
• The Parachute Group, a networking group for individuals in career/job transition, 10 a.m., Harlem Road Community Center, 4255 Harlem Road, Amherst. Call 276-1777.
• The Greater Olean Area Chamber of Commerce, SBA Lunch and Learn, 11:45 a.m.-1 p.m., Magnano Room, Cutco Theater, Jamestown Community College, Olean. Cost $8, includes lunch and literature. Information and reservations, 372-4433 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Women’s Business Center at Canisius, Women In Networking (WIN) Amherst meeting, 11:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m., Canisius Amherst Conference Center, 300 Corporate Parkway, Amherst. Reservations email@example.com
• Buffalo Urban Development Real Estate Committee meeting, noon, BUDC/ECIDA, 143 Genesee St., Buffalo, followed by the Buffalo Brownfield Restoration Corporation meeting. Confirmations, 362-8367 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Lancaster Area Chamber of Commerce, Spotlight on Business Speaker Series, noon-1:30 p.m., Protocal Restaurant, 6766 Transit Road, Lancaster. Registration, 11:45 a.m. Speaker: Thomas Ulbrich, executive director, UB Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership. Cost $20 includes lunch. Reservations 681-9755.
Seminars and classes
• The Niagara County Industrial Development Agency, The Niagara County Center for Economic Development, Chamber of Commerce of the Tonawandas, Niagara River Region Chamber of Commerce, Niagara USA Chamber, Town of Niagara IDA and Town of Lockport IDA, business workshops series throughout Niagara County for all current or prospective businesses, 9:30-11 a.m., Cambria Town Hall, 4160 Upper Mountain Road, Sanborn. Information or registration 278-8760.
• The Erie County Legislature Minority Women Business Enterprise Committee and County Executive Mark C. Poloncarz, “Erie County Government: Open for Business” workshop, 5:30-7:45 p.m., Frank E. Merriweather Library, 1324 Jefferson Ave., Buffalo. Information Charley H. Fisher III 858-2762 or email@example.com.
• Mabey, a provider of rental products for temporary bridges, roadway matts, trenches, Open House, 3-6 p.m., 132 Dingens St. Door Prizes & Raffles include: Bills & NASCAR tickets, I-Pads & HDTV. Mabey to donate $25 to Camp Good Days for every attendee. Refreshments provided. Reservations firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Buffalo Chapter of Project Management Institute, Breakfast Roundtable–North Central, 7:15-8:45 a.m., Bob Evans Restaurant, 1925 Niagara Falls Blvd. Amherst. Information 866-2842 or email@example.com.
• The Western New York Paralegal Association, Annual Dinner, 5:30 p.m., The Courtyard at Hotel @The Lafayette, 391 Washington St., Buffalo. Speaker: Rocco Termini, president of Signature Development Buffalo. Cost $35 person. Reservations firstname.lastname@example.org. Information www.wnyparalegals.org.
• BNI Platinum, networking meeting, 6:45 a.m., Milos Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Information 864-0478.
• BNI Pinnacle, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Transit Valley Country Club, 8920 Transit Road, East Amherst. Reservations 585-704-4383.
• BNI Signature, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., K of C Banquet Facility, 2735 Union Road, Cheektowaga. Information 886-1257, Ext. 201.
• The WNY Business Alliance, business-to-business networking meeting, 7:30-8:30 a.m., Millennium Hotel and Resort, 2040 Walden Ave., Cheektowaga. Call 310-3235.
• The Western New York Business Network Group for professionals, 7:45 a.m., Comfort Inn, 1 Flint Road, Amherst, Information 553-8883.
• The Buffalo Urban Development Corporation, Downtown Committee meeting, noon, 901 City Hall, 65 Niagara Square, Confirmations, 856-6525, Ext. 136 or email email@example.com.
• Rotary Club of Buffalo, 6 p.m., Wanakah Country Club, 5161 Lake Shore Road, Hamburg. Program: President’s Party Honoring Michael J. Grimaldi. 854-3397.
Seminars and classes
• Erie County Department of Senior Services, 2013 Elder Law Day, 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Adam’s Mark Hotel, 120 Church St. Free parking. Seminars on legel topics of interest to seniors and caregivers. Required preregistration, 858-8544. Information, www2.erie.gov/seniorservices.
• BNI Enterprise, networking meeting, 6:45-8:30 a.m., Fairdale Banquet Center, 672 Wehrle Drive, Amherst. Information, 316-2302.
• BNI Circle of Excellence, networking meeting, 6:45-9 a.m., Milo’s Restaurant, 5877 Main St., Williamsville. Call 408-2525.
• Buffalo Niagara Partnership, Power Up! panel discussion, 2-6 p.m., Artisan Kitchens & Baths, 200 Amherst St., Buffalo. Registration www.thepartnership.org/eventscalendar or 852-7100.
• Buffalo Niagara Partnership, Annual Report to Members, 8-10 a.m., University at Buffalo, Center for the Arts, 103 Center for the Arts, Buffalo. Cost: Free members in good standing; $30 nonmembers. Registration www.thepartnership.org/eventscalendar or 852-7100.
• Buffalo Niagara Partnership Scramble Networking Series, 5-8:30 p.m., Conference & Event Center Niagara Falls, 101 Old Falls St., Niagara Falls. Tickets: $25 member; $50 nonmember. Registration www.thepartnership.org/eventscalendar or 852-7100.
Seminars and classes
“How to Avoid Probate & Estate Taxes” workshop, 5:30 p.m., Montgomery Park Independent Senior Living Community, 6363 Transit Road, E. Amherst. Presenters: Robert Friedman, Friedman & Ranzenhofer Attorneys and Michael W. Buettner, Raymond James Financial Services. Registration 631-9999.