MONROE, Wisc. – Want to feel better and lose a few pounds this summer?
One big way is to do your best to avoid fast foods. Here’s how Scott Ryan Tischler, of Tischler Brothers Fitness, recommends you do both:
1. Start exercising a few days a week: Remember to start slowly when starting a new workout program. If your body experiences any unusual pain, stop immediately and consult a physician. With the help of exercise and not eating out so much, weight-loss goals will be achieved even quicker. The body also will start to crave healthy food and reject unhealthy food.
2. Increase heart rate by doing interval training: The body is a very adaptive organism and will adjust to what it experiences. To counter plateauing from basic cardio such as running, you need to do interval training. Start out slow with four sets of 20 seconds on and a 40 second break. Good exercises to do with interval training are jumping jacks, jump rope and high knee raises.
3. Get plenty of sleep: Go to bed early. The body does its best job at repairing itself during sleep. It is important to get enough rest to do so. Getting enough sleep also helps the body maintain proper hormone levels.
4. Wake up to a glass of cold water: Your body is dehydrated when you wake up. The first thing you should do every morning is drink a tall glass of cold water because your body hasn’t taken in any hydration in about eight hours. The colder the water, the better. Why? Because the body must first warm the water to body temperature before it can be used. This makes the body burn calories to heat it up, which kick starts your metabolism first thing in the morning.
5. Never, ever skip breakfast: Just like the body is dehydrated in the morning, the body is also hungry for fuel. By skipping breakfast, the body goes into survival mode and starts slowing down its metabolism. A protein shake or a meal should be consumed within the first hour of waking up.
6. Take the 30-day challenge: It takes 21 days to create a habit. Try to avoid all restaurants for 30 days. After a month, the craving for fast food or eating out will start to subside. This will help save money and help with weight-loss goals. Many restaurants only care about taste.
7. Pack a lunch or dinner for work or school: This will save money every month and help with weight loss. By taking a few extra minutes every night to pack the next day’s lunch and or dinner, the results will start to show in a few weeks. Of course, these results will only start to show if the lunch and or dinner are healthy meals and not just snacks.
Eating breakfast and drinking a tall glass of cold water every morning are key to a weight loss routine.