The State Senate passed a bill Tuesday that would bar all sex offenders from living within 1,350 feet of any school, park, playground or day care center. The bill was brought to the Senate floor by Sen. George D. Maziarz, R-Newfane, after criticism by Niagara County Legislature Democrats of Maziarz’s own bill, which would have instituted a 1,500-foot buffer zone, but only within Niagara County. It passed the Senate May 21 but has no Assembly sponsor. Tuesday’s bill, which passed 59-3, was a duplicate of one introduced by Assemblyman Robin Schimminger, D-Kenmore. It remains buried in committee in the Assembly.
State Senate passes bill seeking sex-offender buffer zones
- 150Salvatore wants mausoleum in front of Steaks, Chops and More
- 124 Orchard Park mother joins fight for medical marijuana with her young daughter in mind
- 99Russ Brandon is concerned about TO, ticket sales at Ralph
- 94 Friends of injured driver have beef with Schwabl's sign
- 94 Letter: Abandon 'Obamacare' and restore free choice