The Common Council will meet in regular session at 2 p.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers and will consider an agreement that would make way for the construction of single-family homes and a community center on the East Side.
St. Luke’s Mission of Mercy is developing Gospa Village on a block near Sycamore Street and Walden Avenue on property now owned by the city.
The development will serve at-risk women and their children.
Also, the Brown administration has said it will wait to seek Common Council approval on a 15-year contract for city firefighters until the control board has a chance to review it.
Council members had expected that it would take up the contract when it meets on Tuesday,but the administration will not seek lawmakers’ approval until after the Buffalo Fiscal Stability Authority meets June 19.
The control board is in advisory status and does not have the power to approve labor contracts, but is granted a review and comment period.
Members of the Buffalo Professional Firefighters Association approved the contract in a vote earlier this month.
Also this week:
• The Council will hold its premeeting caucus at 2 p.m. Monday in Room 1417 of City Hall.
• The Buffalo Sewer Authority will meet at 9 a.m. Wednesday in Room 1038 of City Hall.
• The Buffalo Board of Education will hold its regular meeting at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday in the board conference room, Room 801, in City Hall. Buffalo school information will now also be routinely posted to the School Zone blog at www.buffalonews.com.
• The Buffalo Urban Renewal Agency will meet at 9:30 a.m. Thursday in Room 209 of City Hall.
• The Preservation Board will meet at 3 p.m. Thursday in Room 901 of City Hall.