That's what happens to a man on the move who falls in love with a Buffalonian, Monica Duncan, a fellow bodybuilder who helps him run the fitness center at Transit and Roll roads.
“If you go to our house, there's not chips, there's not junk,” says Morris, 56, who's training a growing number of locals as well as NFLers Nate Eachus, Scott McKillop and Nate Byham.
What basic diet have you put your NFL players on?
It ain't rocket science: Apple or Twinkie, you take the apple. We stress low-glycemic carbs: Sweet potatoes, vegetables, brown rice, even white. The issue off-season is basically from inactivity. They have to avoid fried food, high-glycemic foods, foods high in sugar. We always stress hydration. You dehydrate by 1 percent, you decrease work production by 17 to 19 percent, and that's significant.
What are the staples of your diet?
Lean meats: Fish, chicken, turkey. White rice, sweet potatoes, broccoli, green beans, salads, fresh fruit, oatmeal, quinoa. One day a week, my wife and I just cheat. One night last week, we went to Carmine's (for Italian food).
– Scott Scanlon
What are you eating? Lean meats and good carbs for football strength coach
- 401 Great Lakes ice cover could lead to floods and chillier weather
- 263 Sabres suffer credibility problem
- 237Kathy of Williamsville announces campaign to unseat Higgins
- 228 dysfunction returns to sabres front office Mystery surrounds parting with LaFontaine, but it looks like more of the same for this owner
- 142 Letter: Disabled sex offenders being unfairly vilified
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- Oil slicks offer sign that Malaysian jet crashed
- AP Exclusive: Counties undermine prison efforts
- Tee time part of Obama's Florida family vacation
- GOP targets Clinton, courts women as summit ends
- Kansas City-area spelling bee finally ends
- Ailing Tymoshenko may get back operation in Berlin
- 2 on missing Malaysia jet used stolen EU passports
- Domestic violence cases spark protests in Lebanon
- Egypt's military chief making plans for campaign