Katherine M. Bernecki and Matthew J. DeWitt were married at 2 p.m. May 25, in Christ the King Chapel at Canisius College, Buffalo. Guests gathered for a reception at Hotel @ the Lafayette in the Greenhouse Room, Buffalo. Brother of the groom, Friar Stephen DeWitt, OFM, of Patterson, N.J., heard the couple’s vows. The bride’s parents are Richard and Margaret M. Bernecki of Buffalo. The bridegroom’s parents are David S. and Patricia A. DeWitt of Buffalo. The bride is a graduate of Nardin Academy. She earned a bachelor’s degree in biology from Canisius College and also earned a master’s degree in natural sciences from University at Buffalo. Katherine is a research scholar at Sisters Hospital. The groom is a graduate of Canisius High School. He earned a bachelor’s degree in biology from Canisius College and is currently enrolled in business and administration masters’ program at Canisius College. Matthew is a patient access specialist at Sisters Hospital. After a trip to Maine, the couple will make their home in Kenmore.
Katherine M. Bernecki and Matthew J. DeWitt wed in Christ the King Chapel
- 244 Letter: Court should uphold birth control coverage
- 130 Letter: NY SAFE Act recognizes Second Amendment rights
- 78 Another Voice: Erie COunty has the opportunity to protect itself from fracking chemicals
- 73 Letter: Entitlement programs keep people in poverty
- 65 BTF to protest Common Core outside regent's home