• Empower Girls Buffalo is offering workshops this summer to girls ages 7-14. Camps run from 9 a.m. to noon July 15-19 at the Ken Ton Location; July 22-26 and July 29-Aug. 2 at the Williamsville location. Empower Girls is a comprehensive program that encourages girls to be socially and emotionally healthy. Workshops are focused to build essential life skills and include fun, interactive, hands-on activities on the following topics: Rise and Shine, All About Me, Nutrition Education, Relaxation Station, and Girl Talk. For more information visit www.empowergirlsbuffalo.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 583-1840.
• The Jumpin’ Jambalaya Summer Program at the African American Cultural Center will run Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Breakfast and lunch are provided. Classes include: chess, basketball, vocal expression, creative arts, spelling bee, and more. Weekly field trips. For information contact Tammy Gaines at 884-2013.
• Roycroft Campus in East Aurora offers a variety of daily youth art classes including writing, nature activities, painting, drawing, paper art, mosaic art, print making and more. Pricing and hours vary for each class. Classes run from July 8-Aug. 15. Registration is required for all classes and size is limited. To register call 655-0261. For class schedules or more information visit www.roycroftcampuscorporation.com.
• Village Glen Tennis Club Junior Summer Tennis Camp is for beginner, intermediate and tournament level players. It consists of groups and match play sessions that are tailored to accommodate junior participants of all levels between the ages of 4-18. Camps offered are: PeeWee and Level 1 Monday through Friday 9 to 10 a.m. for ages 4-8; Junior Tennis Camp Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to noon for all levels ages 8-18; Supervised Match Play Monday through Thursday 1 to 3 p.m. for Levels 3-5 and High Performance only; Conditioning including footwork, agility and flexibility, Monday through Thursday 9 to 10 a.m. for Levels 3-5 and High Performance; and two 5-week sessions of Adult Beginner Group Tennis Lessons. Spots are limited and preregistration is required. For more information visit www.wnytennis.com or call 633-1635.
• Bishop Timon-St. Jude High School will host a Summer Enrichment Camp for boys entering grades 6th, 7th, and 8th grades. Camp will be held in two sessions: July 8-12 and July 15-19 at the school. Cost is $175 for two weeks or $100 for one week. Camp includes academic sessions, recreation, music, rowing, field trips, special guests and more. To register visit http://summerenrichment.webs.com or call 826-2610 ext. 243, or email email@example.com.
• Road Less Traveled Productions will offer two camps: Summer Fundamentals for ages 11-16; and Audition Preparation and Scene Study for ages 16-19. All classes are held onstage and backstage at the RLTP Theater. Summer Fundamentals is an introduction to theater three-week program offered in July and August and concluding with a presentation for family and friends. Audition Preparation is a six-week course that meets every Monday and will help students develop and improve skills essential to auditioning. Space is limited. For information visit http://roadlesstraveledproductions.org or call 629-3069.
• The Town of West Seneca Recreation Department offers various camps: Youth Theater Camp runs from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. for ages 10 and up July 8-Aug. 16 at the Lions Club Bandshell, camp includes a final production of Les Miserables; Chess & Soccer Camp for grades K-8 runs 9 a.m. to noon Aug. 19-23 in the Kiwanis Youth Center for experience levels; Basketball in the Park runs in two sessions for grades 2-4 and grades 5-8 from June 24-Aug. 1 at Veterans Basketball Court, camp is co-ed and limited to 15 participants per class; Tennis Camp runs in two sessions for grades 2-4 and grades 5-8 from June 24-Aug. 1 at West Seneca West Senior Tennis courts, class limited to 20 participants; Soccer Camp runs in two sessions for grades 2-4 and grades 5-8 from June 24-Aug. 1 at the West Seneca Soccer Complex, each class is limited to 25 participants. Costs vary for each camp. For information visit www.westseneca.net or call 674-6086.
• St. Bonaventure University will host eight academic camps for students age 13-16. Camps include: STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics); Arts; Mission to the Red Planet; German Culture; Language and Arts; Computer Animation and Narrative Writing; Community Leadership; Holistic Health; and Field Biology. Cost for each camp is $600. Camps start either the week of July 21 or the week of July 28. Campers will have room assignments, orientation, and team building games. For information visit www.sbu.edu/summercamps or contact Larry Sorokes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 375-2304.
These camps were either incorrect or accidently omitted from the Summer Camps special section that was published May 1. If you would like your camp listed in the 2014 camps directory, please look for the camps announcement in the sports bulletin board column on Tuesdays and Fridays, beginning in February.