NIAGARA FALLS – Food and free live music highlight this year’s activities on Old Falls Street, which were announced Thursday.
Among the new features at the three-block downtown area, between Third Street and Niagara Falls State Park:
• A weekly live jazz series, dubbed Jazzy Sundays, from 2 to 5 p.m. from July 7 through Aug. 25.
• Food trucks – Amy’s Truck on site on Mondays and the Roaming Buffalo on Tuesdays.
• A new Wi-Fi cafe near the Comfort Inn - The Pointe and free Wi-Fi access on the street, scheduled to be up and running by June 1.
A number of previously available events and activities are returning, including a free, eight-week family movie series on Thursday nights. Flicks on Old Falls will include showings of “The Hunger Games,” “The Avengers,” “Ghostbusters” and others.
The Fridays on Old Falls Concert Series will run from 7 to 10 p.m. from June 29 through Aug. 31.
Officials from Old Falls Street USA, who run the street and the Conference & Event Center Niagara Falls, used the occasion to introduce their new sous chef, Kate Elliott, the former executive chef at Merge and Juniper restaurants in Buffalo.
Some of the year’s special events on Old Falls Street include:
• Niagara Falls Music & Art Festival, June 29 and 30, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
• The sixth annual Niagara Falls Blues Festival on Labor Day weekend. For more information, visit www.niagarafallsbluesfest.org.
• Oktoberfest on Oct. 13.
Wednesday afternoons, re-enactors from Encounter Niagara will be on hand. This runs from noon to 3 p.m. from July 10 through Aug. 28.
Mobile women’s fashion vendor Ooh La La Fashion Truck will be on site on Tuesday afternoons. For the full list of activities and events, visit www.FallsStreet.com.