The Orchard Park Republican Committee has endorsed incumbent Councilman Eugene Majchrzak and former Assistant Police Chief Michael Sherry for Town Board seats.
Majchrzak was endorsed for the four-year term, and Sherry, a newcomer to politics, was endorsed for the two-year seat. The committee also endorsed Highway Superintendent Fred Piasecki for reelection.
The “Quirky Quaker” is the theme for this year’s Art Rocks the Park, and it will be integrated into many of the activities for both children and adults from 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at Green Lake/Yates Park.
“Art Rocks the Park” features crafts, activities, workshops, and entertainment for all ages. The event corresponds with the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s Great Strides Walk, which will begin at 11 a.m. with check-in at 10 a.m.
Businesses that purchased a Quaker will have them displayed outside each storefront prior to the event.
The Orchard Park Color Guard, B Sharp Singers Chorus and a line-dancing group from the Orchard Park Senior Center also are scheduled to perform. Food and drinks will be available for purchase.
Also this week:
• The Village Board will meet at 7 p.m. Monday in the municipal center, 4294 S. Buffalo St.
• The town Comprehensive Plan Implementation Committee will meet at 7 p.m. Monday in the municipal center.
• The town Recreation Commission will meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the municipal center.
• The Town Board will conduct a work session at 6 p.m. Wednesday in the supervisor’s conference room followed by a regular meeting at 7 p.m. in the board room in the municipal center.
• A representative of Sen. Mark Grisanti, R-Buffalo, will be in the municipal center from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday.
• School administrators will discuss the proposed budget at a meeting of the Ellicott PTO, 5180 Ellicott Road, at 9 p.m. Tuesday.
• The Friends of the Orchard Park Public Library quarterly book sale will take place from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Friday in the library, 4570 S. Buffalo St., for members of the organization. The sale opens to the public form 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and from noon to 3 p.m. Sunday.