To get folks onto the most productive two wheels possible in May, GObike Buffalo has planned several events for National Bike Month (for more details, visit gobikebuffalo.org):
• Bidwell Farmers’ Market: GObike Buffalo will be at Elmwood Avenue and Bidwell Parkway from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. today doing minor repairs at the opening day of the market.
• Dinner and Bikes: Eat vegan and gluten-free dinners while Elly Blue and Joe Biel discuss bicycle-inspired books and documentaries from 5 to 8 p.m. today in the Massachusetts Avenue Project office, 271 Grant St.; $10 for adults, $5 for children; must reserve in advance at gobikebuffalo.org.
• CycloFemme: Ride empowers the future of women on bikes, starts 11 a.m. Sunday, 98 Colvin Ave., ends along the Scajaquada Pathway to Squaw Island, where riders can hang out and enjoy a picnic (bring your own picnic supplies). Free.
• Bike to Work Week Commuter Breakfasts: Next week at the following times and locations: 8 to 10 a.m. Monday, Sweetness 7, 220 Grant St.; 8 to 10 a.m. Tuesday, Cafe Taza, 100 Elmwood Ave., featuring Five Points Bakery; 7 to 9 a.m. Wednesday, Ashker’s Cafe and Juice Bar, 1002 Elmwood Ave.; 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. Thursday, Golden Cup Cafe, 883 Jefferson Ave.; 6:30 to 10 a.m. Friday, Washington Street parking lot, 929 Washington St.
• People Powered Movement: Noon to 2 p.m., 7 to 9 p.m. Friday, Main (St)udios, 515 Main St. Gallery openings of bicycle-inspired art to benefit GObike Buffalo.