Residents in the Buffalo Board of Education’s East District will have a chance to vote for incumbent Rosalyn L. Taylor, appointed in 2011 to fill a vacancy, even though she was knocked off Tuesday’s ballot for not having enough valid petition signatures. Taylor is waging a write-in campaign against Theresa Harris-Tigg, an assistant professor at SUNY Buffalo State whose name will be on the ballot for the district that represents much of the city’s East Side. The district is bordered roughly by William Street on the south, Winspear Avenue on the north, Bailey Avenue on the northwest and a jagged edge of streets outlining the southwest boundary over roughly to Fillmore Avenue.
East District: Write-in candidate joins race
- 350 Great Lakes ice cover could lead to floods and chillier weather
- 262 Sabres suffer credibility problem
- 227 dysfunction returns to sabres front office Mystery surrounds parting with LaFontaine, but it looks like more of the same for this owner
- 145 Sabres' situation is as clear as mud
- 137 Letter: SAFE Act's passage aims to garner votes for Cuomo