Residents in the Buffalo Board of Education’s East District will have a chance to vote for incumbent Rosalyn L. Taylor, appointed in 2011 to fill a vacancy, even though she was knocked off Tuesday’s ballot for not having enough valid petition signatures. Taylor is waging a write-in campaign against Theresa Harris-Tigg, an assistant professor at SUNY Buffalo State whose name will be on the ballot for the district that represents much of the city’s East Side. The district is bordered roughly by William Street on the south, Winspear Avenue on the north, Bailey Avenue on the northwest and a jagged edge of streets outlining the southwest boundary over roughly to Fillmore Avenue.
East District: Write-in candidate joins race
- 460Kathy of Williamsville announces campaign to unseat Higgins
- 332 Great Lakes ice cover could lead to floods and chillier weather
- 175 Letter: Krauthammer ignores reality of climate change
- 142 Letter: Disabled sex offenders being unfairly vilified
- 115 Anti-abortion ads on radio taking graphic aim at Kennedy's pro-choice stance