Residents in the Buffalo Board of Education’s East District will have a chance to vote for incumbent Rosalyn L. Taylor, appointed in 2011 to fill a vacancy, even though she was knocked off Tuesday’s ballot for not having enough valid petition signatures. Taylor is waging a write-in campaign against Theresa Harris-Tigg, an assistant professor at SUNY Buffalo State whose name will be on the ballot for the district that represents much of the city’s East Side. The district is bordered roughly by William Street on the south, Winspear Avenue on the north, Bailey Avenue on the northwest and a jagged edge of streets outlining the southwest boundary over roughly to Fillmore Avenue.
East District: Write-in candidate joins race
- 330 Friends of injured driver have beef with Schwabl's sign
- 232 Letter: Court should uphold birth control coverage
- 123 Letter: NY SAFE Act recognizes Second Amendment rights
- 99 Letter: Democrats, not GOP, are hostile to women
- 77 Another Voice: Erie COunty has the opportunity to protect itself from fracking chemicals
Go to High School Sports Scoreboard »
Go to High School Sports Standings »
Yale Cup Division I
Burgard at Hutch-Tech, 6 p.m.
St. Mary's/Lanc. at Niagara Catholic, 7:30 p.m.
Cheektowaga at Pioneer, 6:30 p.m.
Nardin53, Sacred Heart52(OT)
NARDIN (1-0, 1-0): SACRED HEART (1-1, 0-1):